The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Avs a playoff team?

Van40

As long as they stay healthy, I believe the avs can be a playoffs team. I mean just look at the top 9. That is one stacked team. They have an abundance of offence. (we have the sedins)

Will the avs be a playoff team? Is their offence better than ours?

Im going to say wait and see in another week or two.

Like years past many teams start off well at the beginning of the season and as the season trails on, the excitement and thrill of younger team's success tends to sway a bit.

Much like the Oilers the past few season started out of the gate doing very well and everyone thought they would finally make the playoffs until the end of October where things went downhill.

But they do look good though.

Right now they seem to be buying into what Roy is sellling them.

Their defense still is pretty weak but so far they have been getting great goaltending.

They do have some capspace to perhaps add some veteran D help at the deadline if needed. They certainly could make the playoffs. If they do it might come at the exepnse of some declining team that is expected to make the playoffs.

Solid goaltending tandem (Varly and Jiggy were named co-2nd stars of the week), strong offense (18 GF, only 4 against) and Nate "Dogg" Mackinnon's looking very good when he uses his mobility and vision to generate scoring opportunities. Their D group, while suspect, has gotten it done so far, and they don't have a single defender with a minus +/- rating (though several of them, including Erik Johnson and Jan Hejda, are still pointless). Still, if someone like Andre Benoit can keep up his play and the D's stability holds up (Cory Sarich is +8!) they could be dangerous.

If they do make the playoffs it might come at the exepnse of some declining team that is expected to make the playoffs.

I don't think they are gonna make the playoffs, I think they are having a great opening to what will be an average season, its way too early to tell yet on any team. 6 games or less? haha....remember the Bra-Barian on the canucks? he had one great 10 day swing in his career...here let me go find his stat sheet...brb

yeah found it: he had 6 goals from March 1st to March 8th 2007....career best week for the guy. See for yourself here:

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8462419&season=20062007&view=gamelog

anyways, i digress......the season is two weeks old. some great teams are really low on wins and some mediocre teams are really high on wins. Neither condition will last the run of the full 82 game schedule.

Archived