The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Oilers - Senators

Pears

With Yakupov being scratched for the last couple games I can only think a trade is in the works

To Edmonton: Robin Lehner, Mark Stone, 2014 1st

To Ottawa: Nail Yakupov

I originally had Lehner+Cowen for Yakupov but decided that was too much.

Edmonton:

Hall - RNH - Eberle

Perron - Gagner - Hemsky

Smyth - Gordon - Stone

Joensuu - Acton - Brown

Smid - Petry

Ference - J. Schultz

N. Schultz - Belov

Lehner

Dubnyk

Ottawa: (claims Biron)

Michalek - Spezza - Ryan

Conacher - Turris - Yakupov

MacArthur - Smith - Greening

Da Costa - Pageau - Neil

Methot - Karlsson

Phillips - Cowen

Wiercioch - Gryba

Anderson

Biron

Thoughts?

I'm sure that if Edmonton is really in the market for a goalie, they would want a proven goaltender with a decent track record.

I think a deal between Edmonton and Buffalo would be ideal for both teams as Buffalo is planning to trade MIller and Edmonton is in need of a goalie, and Buffalo is in their rebuilding stage, and getting a young top prospect like Yakupov would be wonders, playing with Hodgson.

To Edmonton: Miller, Myers

To Buffalo: Yakupov

Stuff can be added to balance it out but I'd say something like this is more realistic. Maybe a fresh start can really help Myers get his game going, same for MIller. I still think Buffalo will end up getting a top 5 pick this year, and bang, all of a sudden they have a good future to look forward to.

Nurse and Yaks to NAS for Weber and Forsberg.

Edm gets the D-man they need and a potentially skilled center with some size.

NAS reloads for the future and, for once, has an exciting offensive player. The way they develop D-men Nurse will be a top defender within a few years. PLUS they cut a ton of salary and improve their bottom line.

Win/win

I'm sure that if Edmonton is really in the market for a goalie, they would want a proven goaltender with a decent track record.

I think a deal between Edmonton and Buffalo would be ideal for both teams as Buffalo is planning to trade MIller and Edmonton is in need of a goalie, and Buffalo is in their rebuilding stage, and getting a young top prospect like Yakupov would be wonders, playing with Hodgson.

To Edmonton: Miller, Myers

To Buffalo: Yakupov

Stuff can be added to balance it out but I'd say something like this is more realistic. Maybe a fresh start can really help Myers get his game going, same for MIller. I still think Buffalo will end up getting a top 5 pick this year, and bang, all of a sudden they have a good future to look forward to.

I like where you’re going but what i'd change around would be

To Edmonton: Miller, Hodgson, Conditional 2nd round pick

To Buffalo: Yakupov, Gagner

I've posted something similar to this a couple of weeks ago. Premise is Hodgson-Eberle who’ve dominated WJ would be reunited together, and Yakupov-Grigorenko also have good history together from WJ

Miller is a UFA come July and EDM isn’t looking for a rental goalie so the conditional pick relies on whether Miller re-ups with the oilers. Both trades won’t have immediate dividends but will help each team build a stronger future. EDM gets a solid 1-2 down the middle and BUF gets a superstar goal score that will help replace Vanek leaving in the offseason or they will be even more deadly if they can resign him.

EDM top 6

Eberle Hodgson Hemsky

Hall – Nudge – Perron

BUF Top 6

Vanek - Grigorenko – Yakupov

Ennis- Gagner -Stafford

Archived