The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How much is a comfortable annual salary?

Mainly Mattias

I used to think that a 50k annual salary was a sufficient salary (for a comfortable life) but is it really? With the rising costs of living and the stagnant wage levels?

It's usually smart to recognize and take advantage of the economies of scale of living with your partner or family but in this day and age, is it the only way to 'get ahead'?

For a comfortable life...

• Single: $50k

• 2 adults: $90k

• 2 adults + 1 kid: $110k

I used to think that a 50k annual salary was a sufficient salary but is it really? With the rising costs of living and the stagnant wage levels?

It's usually smart to recognize and take advantage of the economies of scale of living with your partner or family but in this day and age, is it the only way to 'get ahead'?

Bare necessities? My friends making it work with a 8 month old baby making ~70k/yr I think, mom's stay at home wife. Living in Cloverdale area.

Depends too on what your work does for coverage like dental, health, pension etc. Also how much (if you drive) you spend on gas, where you live etc. a lot of factors.

I used to think that a 50k annual salary was a sufficient salary (for a comfortable life) but is it really? With the rising costs of living and the stagnant wage levels?

I make less than single and have been supporting a family of 3 on it. You learn to sacrifice and make do for sure.... Helps that my mortgage is very low and would have been paid off by now if my ex hadn't taken a second mortgage that I'm paying for.

I was making $65 in the Army, I was paying a mortgage and for a very expensive truck. Even though I liked to impulse buy every now and then, it always felt like I had money in the bank.

When I go back to school and start working again then eventually become a journeyman, if i'm making $65-70 while in the Comox Valley, I know I can live comfortably off that.

Archived