The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik vs. Daniel

jagori78

Are we starting to see Henrik pulling away from Daniel as an effective player? It was said when they were drafted that Henrik would eventually become a better all around player; yet with AV the twins have always been together.

When Daniel was injured; Henrik was actually able to step up his offensive production. We have never had the chance to see what Daniel can produce on his own, though. I find it interesting seeing the line juggling that Torts is using; having Henrik with Kesler and Higgins at practice. Placing are two most active shooters with our best playmaker.

Daniel hasn't had a lot of goals over his past 40 games; and I wonder if he is coming back down to earth as a top line forward. I wonder if the twins feel obligated to have similar production. By that I mean, does Henrik go out of his way to try to setup Daniel for a goal, instead of the other players on the ice at the time. With Daniel on another line, is Henrik more creative and/or willing to shoot more?

Although both are in excellent shape and are great players; I wonder if management will be able to create an effective top six with both players on seperate lines. Having them together for the PP makes alot of sense, though. On that topic, having either twin playing with Kesler is a great idea; as Kesler needs a puck distributor on his line.

What sort of second line would you like to see featuring Daniel? Would his role be as a goal-scorer off the rush, or a playmaker? I have no idea how Daniel would be used most effectively without Henrik.

Are we starting to see Henrik pulling away from Daniel as an effective player? It was said when they were drafted that Henrik would eventually become a better all around player; yet with AV the twins have always been together.

When Daniel was injured; Henrik was actually able to step up his offensive production. We have never had the chance to see what Daniel can produce on his own, though. I find it interesting seeing the line juggling that Torts is using; having Henrik with Kesler and Higgins at practice. Placing are two most active shooters with our best playmaker.

Daniel hasn't had a lot of goals over his past 40 games; and I wonder if he is coming back down to earth as a top line forward. I wonder if the twins feel obligated to have similar production. By that I mean, does Henrik go out of his way to try to setup Daniel for a goal, instead of the other players on the ice at the time. With Daniel on another line, is Henrik more creative and/or willing to shoot more?

Although both are in excellent shape and are great players; I wonder if management will be able to create an effective top six with both players on seperate lines. Having them together for the PP makes alot of sense, though. On that topic, having either twin playing with Kesler is a great idea; as Kesler needs a puck distributor on his line.

What sort of second line would you like to see featuring Daniel? Would his role be as a goal-scorer off the rush, or a playmaker? I have no idea how Daniel would be used most effectively without Henrik.

I guess when your first line is doing all the scoring, and your second line is doing pretty much nothing, it's not a bad idea to even the lines out...

Imagine the opposing team having to deal with a Sedin for a 1 minute shift.. Then right after that, have to deal with another Sedin...

EDIT: Also, I believe Daniel will be more effective when Burrows comes back

There's no question hank is able to make those around him better than Daniel can . Since 2011-2012 Daniel has noticeably been regressing and goals are becoming harder and harder to come by. His play making is still top notch but we really need him to be putting the puck into the net more.

Their contracts are up as everyone knows and based on the last few seasons; Hank definitely deserves to be paid more than Daniel . However that may just cause some problems, so I'm not sure management would even think of it. But who knows , could that be what's holding their contracts up?

Henrik has proven to be the better player. He can play without Daniel better than Daniel can play without Henrik.

Having said that, playmaking centers do tend to age better than goal scoring wingers so maybe Daniel needs to be moved to the second line as a playmaker instead of the trigger man on the first line?

[

Having said that, playmaking centers do tend to age better than goal scoring wingers so maybe Daniel needs to be moved to the second line as a playmaker instead of the trigger man on the first line?

[Absolutely!!!! Daniel is the 2nd best play-maker on the team. He should play with a shooter and a puck retriever.../quote]

They can both make plays and score, I've said it before. When they are together they specialize.

But overall, Henrik is the more valuable player. He's had more games, better production, and at the end of the day we have a roster full of guys that need to score.. and not many people to set them up. I pick Hank over Dank in fantasy every time.

I disagree with putting Kesler on the wing if Santorelli is his replacement. He should stay at C with Daniel to set up his plays.

Higgins - Sedin - Burrows

Sedin - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Santorelli - Kassian

Schroeder - Richardson - Weise

It could be the disparity in their performance that is delaying contract talks. Daniel is not the player he was before the concussion and IMHO not able to demand top dollars for what he brings. While it is assumed they will both get the same amount, based on performance, Hank is worth more. How do they address that if Mike wants to pay market value. Pay them each the average of their combined value?

They can both make plays and score, I've said it before. When they are together they specialize.

But overall, Henrik is the more valuable player. He's had more games, better production, and at the end of the day we have a roster full of guys that need to score.. and not many people to set them up. I pick Hank over Dank in fantasy every time.

I disagree with putting Kesler on the wing if Santorelli is his replacement. He should stay at C with Daniel to set up his plays.

Higgins - Sedin - Burrows

Sedin - Kesler - Hansen

Booth - Santorelli - Kassian

Schroeder - Richardson - Weise

Archived