The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Wpg, Van-Ott, Van-Was

Vancouver trades RW Jannik Hansen, RW Niklas Jensen and a 2014 1st round draft pick to Winnipeg for LW Evander Kane

-Using the Bobby Ryan trade as a template: a roster player, top prospect and a 1st.

-Kane would give us a great young sniper who can put up 30+ goals in a season.

-Wpg gets a very versatile player, a good wing prospect and a 1st round draft pick.

Vancouver trades LW David Booth Ottawa for a 2014 4th round draft pick and D Eric Gryba

-Ottawa gets a top 9 power forward. Booth>Macarthur

-We get a big mean defenseman and a pick

Vancouver trades D Alex Edler to Washington for D Karl Alzner and a 2014 1st round draft pick

-We get a replacement defenseman for Edler who hasnt lived up to his potential. Maybe if he plays for his hometown team he will get the spark. We also get a 1st round draft pick in this years draft.

-Washington gets a great offensive defenseman who can add scoring to the caps back end

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Evander Kane ($5.250m)

Hunter Shinkaruk ($1.138m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Mike Santorelli ($0.550m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Tom Sestito ($0.750m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Dale Weise ($0.750m)

Zac Dalpe ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Karl Alzner ($2.800m)

Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Eric Gryba ($0.563m) / Yannick Weber ($0.650m)

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,053,333; BONUSES: $212,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $3,459,167

I'd do the first one.

If Ottawa wanted Booth ovr McArthur, they would have called the Canucks, knowing full well we didn't want him back. Now they are stuck with both Booth and McArthur

I'd do the WSH trade, but not sure they would. Well they did trade Forsberg for Erat lol

If the 1st one was Kassian, Jensen, and a 1st I would do it. I like Hansen too much and am skeptical of Kassian's ceiling.

The 2nd would never happen, their GM has already publicly said the team is over budget.

The 3rd is counter productive for Washington, The have their top 4 RHD in Carlson/Green and need a top 4 LHD. Removing Alzner and adding Edler means they lose their only top 4 shutdown guy for another offensive guy.

If Edler was going to washington, it would be to solidify their top 4:

Alzner-Green

Edler-Carlson

Erskine-Carrick

Winnipeg won't happen, as Kane was JUST signed to an extension, has been promoted to the 1st line, and is currently the best player on a team that has managed their contracts very well (all under $6M). Hate to break it to you, but Kane is not coming to Vancouver, Winnipeg is not that stupid.

LMAO so Winnipeg trades their star player for Hansen and prospects. :picard: Another concept that people who make this silly proposals ALWAYS seem to forget is contracts. Hansen signs an extension with the Canucks, probably at a discount to his open market value. Then we trade him 7 games later.....to Winnipeg of all places??????? Screwing over the players will eventually catch up with a team.

Kane has a higher ceiling than Ryan. He's not going anywhere, and if so it would prob have to include horvat or more. Nobody wants booth at that price period. The 3rd trade is interesting but seems steep on Wash side. All three trades benefit Nucks, and I would do all three in a heartbeat. Bieksa would b sought after as well, and personally I'd rather trade him anyway over Edler.

Bieksa for a top 6 forward. Please please please. Lots of teams would love him, so our options on a suitable return would b high

Interesting to ponder the implications..For example, if a Kane deal took Horvat, Kass, Booth(negative value/cap space) & a 1st. It would basically be Schneids, Coho, Booth + a 1st.(from our perspective)..But what IF Kane really lit it up here? If he became a perennial 40 goal, go-to guy(who's tough)?...Hmm

Archived