The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

My Worry About the Sedins Contract/Retirement

Commercial Canuck

Everybody seems like the Sedin's are a lock to re-sign. Yes they have done a lot for the city and I'm sure they love it here, but look what Daniel Alfredsson did! Im just saying these guys could sign in a lot of different places, for a lot more money, and for a better chance at the cup. Lets just hope Gillis doesn't leave them hanging around too late into the season!

Markus Naslund, Brendan Morrison, Pavel Bure, Trevor Linden, Roberto Luongo.

Canucks management has a frightening history of screwing over our stars/vets later in their careers here, why do we feel like the Sedins will be treated differently?

Everybody seems like the Sedin's are a lock to re-sign. Yes they have done a lot for the city and I'm sure they love it here, but look what Daniel Alfredsson did! Im just saying these guys could sign in a lot of different places, for a lot more money, and for a better chance at the cup. Lets just hope Gillis doesn't leave them hanging around too late into the season!

Well it wont be surprising if "MG gets out GM'd" again... Guy is a clown.

Naslund wanted out as he no longer had a defined role or line mates in Vancouver.

Morrison was offered a contract and went with more money elsewhere.

Pavel definitely got screwed with but that was a few GM's and an entirely different owner ago.

How the frack did we screw Linden??! We brought him home to end his career here and retired his freaking number. He's one of, if not the, most beloved Canuck of all time.

Luongo is more a series of unfortunate events than any deliberate screwing. He's also as equally to blame as the organization for those events IMO.

Archived