The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Regarding Moderation Pertaining To Canucks Talk

Skillscore

So, i just posted a discussion thread about Mason Raymond. After a discussion had begun to occur - with quite a few replies in a short time frame, it was locked by a moderator for being a duplicate of other threads on this message board.

I searched Canucks Talk (you know, the part of the boards this was posted under) for other topics pertaining to Mason Raymond. There are none.

I had to back all the way out to the Canucks Community overview, at which time i found a thread pertaining to Mason Raymond under General Hockey Discussion - a thread which was not related to mine at all, as the discussion was about his fit with Toronto, not his lack of being here in Vancouver and our current roster without him (ergo, a different discussion). And, again, it was in a separate forum.

After searching further, aside from that one thread, i found that there have not been any other Mason Raymond topics started this entire month of October. There were threads in which his name was mentioned, but the topic of that thread was always very clearly not Mason Raymond orientated.

So....i am curious as to several points:

We are here to discuss the Canucks, no?

We all, i would hope, understand that a discussion on any topic between this many potential people will result in a disagreement of opinion, correct?

We all, i hope, understand that as long as that difference of opinion is discussed with at least an attempt at intellectual banter, that is is acceptable - if not - the entire purpose of these boards existing?

Because, to me....the Moderator said 'Closing due to other active threads on the same topic' - but seeing as that factually is not true, it really came off as, 'I'm a moderator who also doesn't care that Mason Raymond is gone, and because of that i am shutting this thread down, even though that sort of contradicts the point of discussion boards".

No?

It doesn't come of as the moderator locking it because they don't agree personally, or don't care personally about it.

I think maybe they thought it was similar, which I agree with you it wasn't.

I would like to have it unlocked, as I hadn't seen it prior, and it seems like a good discussion topic. (alteast from how you explain it)

Either way I'm not going to criticize, the mods do what they do, and do a pretty good job here.

Edit: now that I checked it out, there does seem to be some redundancy to it.

So, i just posted a discussion thread about Mason Raymond. After a discussion had begun to occur - with quite a few replies in a short time frame, it was locked by a moderator for being a duplicate of other threads on this message board.

I searched Canucks Talk (you know, the part of the boards this was posted under) for other topics pertaining to Mason Raymond. There are none.

I had to back all the way out to the Canucks Community overview, at which time i found a thread pertaining to Mason Raymond under General Hockey Discussion - a thread which was not related to mine at all, as the discussion was about his fit with Toronto, not his lack of being here in Vancouver and our current roster without him (ergo, a different discussion). And, again, it was in a separate forum.

After searching further, aside from that one thread, i found that there have not been any other Mason Raymond topics started this entire month of October. There were threads in which his name was mentioned, but the topic of that thread was always very clearly not Mason Raymond orientated.

So....i am curious as to several points:

We are here to discuss the Canucks, no?

We all, i would hope, understand that a discussion on any topic between this many potential people will result in a disagreement of opinion, correct?

We all, i hope, understand that as long as that difference of opinion is discussed with at least an attempt at intellectual banter, that is is acceptable - if not - the entire purpose of these boards existing?

Because, to me....the Moderator said 'Closing due to other active threads on the same topic' - but seeing as that factually is not true, it really came off as, 'I'm a moderator who also doesn't care that Mason Raymond is gone, and because of that i am shutting this thread down, even though that sort of contradicts the point of discussion boards".

No?

Archived