The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don't Call it a Comeback!

Slegr

Okay, even with the NHL being more open than in years past, coming from behind is still never an easy task. Yet, in all of the Canucks' four wins to date, they were trailing at one point. They came back to win against:

• Edmonton

• Calgary

• New Jersey

• Philadelphia

You can either consider it great resiliency to come back and win a game, or be concerned that they can't seem to come out strong in be rewarded in the goal department. Many of the comebacks have been a direct result of our new, capable coach tinkering with the lines.

They've made for exciting games, but hopefully the Canucks get some scoring done early.

What do others think? Is this the Canucks' season as the comeback kids?

How'bout speculating SJ's peaking TOO freekin-early. Hawks could pull that stunt in a 48 game sprint; 82 is a different animal.

So we're pacing ourselves, man. We're always around .500 for our first dozen...it matters not, how we arrive there. Should we have a healthy, rollin' lineup around mid-season, we probably won't need to fight back as often.

Like what I've seen, for the most part.

This is our best start in 7 years, what say you?

I say, we are doing better then the first 7 games in 09/10. which we were also 4W-3L but one win game from a S/O so this year we have more ROW.

We haven't started this well since 05/06 so what do you have to say now......

A better start then the seasons we won our presidents trophies, and A.V.'s entire tenure!!!!

One thing I can say, and its exciting to say this, is that you can tell Torts is having a big impact in all of our wins. If AV was still behind the bench would could be 0-7 right now. It's cool to see our coach having a real impact on games. That being said, I think its too early to say what our season will be like.

I don't see the big deal ... if these teams are considered "bad" teams it's because there are teams that havIng beaten them a lot. In effect that's what makes a team a top team or a playoff team. So would it better every single team just let Edmonton win because they are not a playoff team which, in effect, give Edmonton a 82-0 record making them a seemingly elite team.

Okay, even with the NHL being more open than in years past, coming from behind is still never an easy task. Yet, in all of the Canucks' four wins to date, they were trailing at one point. They came back to win against:

• Edmonton

• Calgary

• New Jersey

• Philadelphia

You can either consider it great resiliency to come back and win a game, or be concerned that they can't seem to come out strong in be rewarded in the goal department. Many of the comebacks have been a direct result of our new, capable coach tinkering with the lines.

They've made for exciting games, but hopefully the Canucks get some scoring done early.

What do others think? Is this the Canucks' season as the comeback kids?

This is our best start in 7 years, what say you?

I say, we are doing better then the first 7 games in 09/10. which we were also 4W-3L but one win game from a S/O so this year we have more ROW.

We haven't started this well since 05/06 so what do you have to say now......

A better start then the seasons we won our presidents trophies, and A.V.'s entire tenure!!!!

They were all comebacks. I don't care who the team is or what the record is the idea of an easy game or a "gimme" at this level are more rare than a positive thread from Slegr or Yete.

Edmonton is going to lose more games this year than they win but they are still going to be a tough team to play against. Philly can't score but they're still not going to roll over (nor have they) for any team.

I like the team this year. It's been a tough start but it's also been one of the better starts this team has had in a while. Better first 7 games that we had that amazing 2010/11 season and the team looks better as well. We've probably come from behind more already this season than we have the last few seasons.

Those were all comebacks and they all came from hard work.

Archived