The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Secondary Scoring

Pears

Everyone knows about our lack of secondary scoring and lack of center depth. Here are a couple moves that would solve those problems:

Trade 1)

To Vancouver: Thomas Vanek ----> Buffalo retains 50% of Vanek's cap hit ($3,571,428)

To Buffalo: Jordan Schroeder, Eddie Lack, Anton Rodin (rights), 2014 2nd and 3rd

Trade 2)

To Vancouver: Mike Fisher -----> Nashville retains 35% of Fisher's cap hit ($2,730,000)

To Nashville: David Booth, Nicklas Jensen, 2015 1st

(I was pondering about adding Corrado to the deal but I wanted to wait to get some opinions before doing so)

Remaining cap: $422,915

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible line up options:

Option 1)

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Vanek - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Fisher - Hansen

Santorelli - Richardson - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Stanton - Tanev

Luongo

Eriksson

Option 2)

Vanek - Sedin - Kesler

Sedin - Fisher - Kassian

Higgins - Burrows - Hansen

Santorelli - Richardson - Weise

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Stanton - Tanev

Luongo

Eriksson

Powerplay units:

PP1

Sedin - Sedin - Vanek

Kesler - Garrison

PP2

Burrows - Fisher - Kassian

Hamhuis - Edler

That's the type of depth needed to go on a long playoff run. Thoughts?

Pretty sure Fisher is happy in UnderwoodVille. And it's a major overpayment considering he went for a 1st and a conditional 2nd/3rd while he was pretty much in his prime (or at the end of it). Now the guy is 33.

I'm sure if Buffalo waits they will get a first at the deadline for Vanek. Much better than a few busts and Lack.

I believe this team is fairly balanced right now. It would be wonderful to replace Booth with a legit 3rd line center. I mean a 2B or 3A with some size. It would make for three strong lines that could role. Maybe it's not ideal but it would be a deep team with balance. I would also like to see a righty shutdown defenceman and I would be willing to part with Bieksa to get him. Then I would like this teams chances.PS: I know Bieksa has a no trade clause.

Archived