The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brad Richardson Leads the NHL in SHG

DunCanuck

I know that it is early in the season, but two in eight games is quite impressive. Especially since we didn't really know what to expect from him at the start of the season. Short handed goals have always impressed me, nothing more humiliating than being scored a man down in my opinion.

Do you think that this production is a result of his skill? Tortorella's system? Or is it just plain luck? Whatever it is, I hope he remains at the top until the end of the season. Keep it up Richardson, your unexpected offense with the man down has been entertaining to say the least.

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

Cheers,

DunCanuck

I don't think it's luck or a system - he's a hard working,high energy player who is pretty relentless, is constantly applying pressure, taking away space, and hard to play against.

He was a nuissance to play against - and he's brought that here. I was pretty happy with this signing, but not surprised by what he is bringing. The Kings are a pretty deep team down the middle, and they were in a cap crunch - I think Richardson was simply a quality player that they could not keep.

Here's how he fared the a few seasons ago:

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_statistics.php?f1=2011_s&f2=5v5&f5=L.A&c=0+1+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

With the speed, grit and energy he plays with, along with some upside, he's a solid moneyball acquisition, and imo a character player.

I don't think it's luck or a system - he's a hard working,high energy player who is pretty relentless, is constantly applying pressure, taking away space, and hard to play against.

He was a nuissance to play against - and he's brought that here. I was pretty happy with this signing, but not surprised by what he is bringing. The Kings are a pretty deep team down the middle, and they were in a cap crunch - I think Richardson was simply a quality player that they could not keep.

Here's how he fared the a few seasons ago:

http://www.behindthe... 34 45 46 63 67

With the speed, grit and energy he plays with, along with some upside, he's a solid moneypuck acquisition, and imo a character player.

Seems to me that this is a matter of grit and hard work. I think a lot of the guys works harder now than under AV, which will lead to more chances like this when we work hard to clear the zone on the PK and we have guys ready to jump on the attack, even on the PK. Hard work and grit, of course is a big part of Torts´ system. Really like the look of the team this season, and I really like the moves Torts makes during games.

i was probably one of the few who popped when we landed richardson. hearing he wasn't happy in LA towards the end and was excitied to come to vancouver, that was the attitude we needed from someone. he knew he had to fight hard to keep a job here and he's dun just that. i felt he was one of the best kings not to be acknowledged. the guy did it it all; he killed it in the FO, special teams, everything, and we're seeing it early and often. he's an aggressive guy on the PK, while being defensively responsible and torts knows that

mmm santo and richardson and stanton were great and free pickups

dalpe wasnt the best idea gillis must have been drunk :( hopefully he suprises me somehow

booth needs to step up and start scoring

hamhuis also needs to pick up his sloppy play

weise alberts sestito need to be traded or waived plugs that wont help us win a cup

we need a game breaker to help us beat teams like sharks otherwise canucks arepretenders

Archived