The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MAKAVELI get shut down on youtube, apparently is infringing on copyrights by providing quality 10-15min replays of games

Moonshinefe

I'd just like to make this thread in protest of how Makaveli known as MAKAVELI719696 on youtube has been treated. All he's done the last few years is provide everyone with 10-15 min clips of Canucks highlights with a bit of humour thrown in.

Why is the NHL shutting down its biggest fans? He does nothing but popularize the game and I think this deserves a thread and an explanation.

Very disappointed.

I'm disappointed as well, I wonder if it's related at all to his Shanahan bashing vids?

It could also be related the the Canucks' YouTube page. Previously they just showed some nice little info vids, like community events and such, but now they're showing highlights as well. Maybe they noticed that Makalevi was taking some of their audience and decided to complain?

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but just some thoughts I had.

even if it's a fan video, you kinda have to look at it at how the league does-- most of these videos are parodies, and while us fans see it as harmless fun, the league sees it as what any business would; mocking, especially the "diving" videos"

i don't really care either way, but that's kind of how youtube works nowadays. no one is safe

best to upload to dailymotion where the copyrights are more lenient on there

I'd just like to make this thread in protest of how Makaveli known as MAKAVELI719696 on youtube has been treated. All he's done the last few years is provide everyone with 10-15 min clips of Canucks highlights with a bit of humour thrown in.

Why is the NHL shutting down its biggest fans? He does nothing but popularize the game and I think this deserves a thread and an explanation.

Very disappointed.

I heard this is happening throughout the league. most teams have one or two guys that make highlight vids (that are always better that that nhl.com crap btw). a lot of them are left but i don't know how long that will last (e.g., dafoomie, hockeyfightsdotcom etc...)

the nhl should be smart and give certain users a license to post videos within certain guidelines.

it probably doesn't help many of makaveli's videos were satire intended to embarrass certain teams/the league.

OP, you do realize Mak made his own thread about this? Not sure you need to make a protest thread to talk about what he's already told everyone about. It was like when he did make videos, he was the first to post them to CDC but then someone would see the video and think they had to post it here cause it was so good.

Archived