The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pacific divison competitiveness - the best?

Chauncey

I just noticed in the standings that every team in the pacific is at least two games above 500*. Early in the season but looks to be a great competitive division. I think this will help make the Canucks more competitive in comparison to the awful NW division from years past.

Obvious this has been the best division so far, is this something we will see all year? Or too early to jump to conclusions? Should be an interesting year. This is my first thread - be kind! :)

* excluding the Oilers, as expected

I was just looking at that on NHL.om. I don't think it's any surprise though, as most people picked the Pacific as the toughest going into the season. The Canucks are in tough to make the playoffs and they need to start beating teams that aren't bottom feeders.

[quote name='Merci' timestamp='1382200101' post='11729780']
We really just need to beat LA and Anaheim every chance we get and we'll be in the playoffs
[/quote]
That's do able, but if we want to go far we need to get the San Jose hump off our back. LA is pretty deadly if Quick is on his game though can't overlook them.

[quote name='Zoolander' timestamp='1382204816' post='11730054']
I'd agree that it's the most competitive...it's definitely the most physical and every team excluding Calgary have All-Stars that can take control of a game
[/quote]

Calgary's been playing good contribution by community. Everyone's chipping in and it's working wonders for them.

I'd have to agree, the Pacific division is likely the most competitive division. It's likely also the most physical, but if it forces our guys to up their game I'm all for it. Stomping all over the Northwest division was kinda nice, but having to play good teams on a regular basis isn't a bad thing either.

Archived