The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dan Hamhuis

Understand

This guy's mind does not seem to be in hockey anymore. What's wrong with him? Family issues or something bothering him? Or he just declines in ability due to his age?? I think it is time to either bench or trade him. He literally does NOTHING good out there. No, I am not saying this based on one or two games, but a long period of observation.

I...don't....under....stand....

Why do some people feel the need to create threads for everything?

Santorelli had salmon for dinner, does this mean he's not into hockey. burrows switched to 3 play. Maybe we should trade him.

Seriously, just stop

[quote name='Understand' timestamp='1382211102' post='11730657']
This guy's mind does not seem to be in hockey anymore. What's wrong with him? Family issues or something bothering him? Or he just declines in ability due to his age?? I think it is time to either bench or trade him. He literally does NOTHING good out there. No, I am not saying this based [b]on one or two games[/b], but a long period of observation.
[/quote]

Sooooo... 3 or 4 games then?

It's still October, so no need to panic. I think it's a bit of a shock to the system to see our previously most consistent defender playing like a waiver pickup; no offense to Stanton, who's actually played better than Hammer so far.

If he's still noticeably making egregious errors that cost us goals/games by December 1st, then putting him on the block might be an idea.

Hamhuis has been rocky - yes. But it's early and tbh he has looked better in recent games than the very first games. He will get it together. The good thing about the team is that we have a good D-core so when one or two d-men aren't looking right the other guys can get more ice time and handle it.

Archived