The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV calls out Lundqvist

Less than a season left on Lundqvists deal and from all accounts negotiations are not the greatest as is. I am sure he will appreciate being called out by his new head coach

I'm personally (still) a fan of MG, who has done tremendous things with this team when looking at the big picture...but he should stick to just trading coaches!

I'm personally (still) a fan of MG, who has done tremendous things with this team when looking at the big picture...but he should stick to just trading coaches!

Gotta agree with you there. Only thing I could possibly say in AV's defence is its early and his teams tend to have terrible Octobers. Even then I would venture to guess the current record of 2-5 is the worst 7 games to start off a season he has had in his career.

I always thought he isn't in the same league as other elite goalies(Quick, Niemi) and he had good stats because of the defensive system deployed by Torotrella.

You could say the same about Quick and Rinne. He did pretty good under Renney too. Also, Lundqvist's olympic gold disagree.

I always thought he isn't in the same league as other elite goalies(Quick, Niemi) and he had good stats because of the defensive system deployed by Torotrella.

Well, he has won an Olympic Gold, 2 World Championship Silver, nominated for the Veniza 6 times winning 1, and also nominated for both the Hart and the Ted Lindsay. Maybe a beneficiary of strong defensive system, but he's still one of the best goaltender in our generation.

As for AV calling out players, he's been doing that forever. Just wait, he'll eventually be saying that Marc Staal is using his eye injury as a crutch for poor play....

Archived