The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Spaghetti] GAME IN PROGRESS (PLEASE PIN!)

Peaches

For what it's worth, I investigated Lemons and he came up clean.

I don't understand why you would investigate someone who announced himself as the doctor. Your best chance at helping the TP's if you were the real sheriff would have been to investigate someone else in hopes of hitting a mafia before you are hung (especially with new and rookie players in the game). I am feeling better about our decision.

I don't understand why you would investigate someone who announced himself as the doctor. Your best chance at helping the TP's if you were the real sheriff would have been to investigate someone else in hopes of hitting a mafia before you are hung (especially with new and rookie players in the game). I am feeling better about our decision.

I was under the impression that Lemons was lying about his role. It certainly didn't sound sincere. It's kind of hard to pick out mafia aside from BJ at this point because both TP and mafia are obviously voting for me.

I was under the impression that Lemons was lying about his role. It certainly didn't sound sincere. It's kind of hard to pick out mafia aside from BJ at this point because both TP and mafia are obviously voting for me.

Fair enough. After the first round last game with Kesler's claims I assumed you would have avoided investigating the players announcing their roles in the first round (especially if they didn't seem to make sense). I could be wrong though (wouldn't be the first time :P).

Fair enough. After the first round last game with Kesler's claims I assumed you would have avoided investigating the players announcing their roles in the first round (especially if they didn't seem to make sense). I could be wrong though (wouldn't be the first time :P).

Last game I didn't believe Kesler either and you didn't have an investigation for us to check him out because you used it on me. Who would you have investigated this round?

I'm inclined to believe BJ. He's often killed in the first round so it's reasonable for him to assume he'd be killed off by the mafia/sk/vig if he was a TP. By not having last words, no one can find out about his investigation. However, BJ's also a very, very smart player. The mafia, knowing his survival chances weren't great otherwise, could have decided on using him as a fake sheriff and sacrificing one of their own.

I think the most prudent course of action is to lynch VIC this round, but for specials to be very cautious regarding messaging BJ.

Last game I didn't believe Kesler either and you didn't have an investigation for us to check him out because you used it on me. Who would you have investigated this round?

Kesler was never in danger of being investigated by me last game, I investigated you as an ally, not a target.

The first round is never easy, but I would have gone for someone quiet or one of the new players. Whoever I felt would best help the TP if they were outed before I hang. Although like I said, I could be wrong.

I'm inclined to believe BJ. He's often killed in the first round so it's reasonable for him to assume he'd be killed off by the mafia/sk/vig if he was a TP. By not having last words, no one can find out about his investigation. However, BJ's also a very, very smart player. The mafia, knowing his survival chances weren't great otherwise, could have decided on using him as a fake sheriff and sacrificing one of their own.

I think the most prudent course of action is to lynch VIC this round, but for specials to be very cautious regarding messaging BJ.

Got back from work, and was basically going to say this. I absolutely agree with what King Heffy is saying. Be very careful specials in contacting BJ right off the bat. I'm not exactly sure how Peaches is distributing the Death Note, but perhaps it ended in the one of the Mafia's hands RD one and they have figured that now is a time to kill off one of their Mafia members to move forward. Just a possible situation, unlikely however, but putting it out there.

It's more likely that BJ is the Sheriff and VIC is infact Mafia though. If both BJ and VIC were Mafia, I'm almost certain BJ wouldn't pick VIC out of the bunch to sacrifice as he's a very valuable asset to that Mafia team. I can also relate to BJ when he says that he'll be killed off quickly so there really was zero point in hiding his role from the TP and rather he decided to make a bold move.

I'd also think it's extremely risky for BJ to call himself out as the Sheriff in the thread rather than bluffing in a PM. VIC has claimed to be the "other" Sheriff, but I guess after tonight we'll know if that's true or not. I doubt it though as BJ wouldn't just randomly target a TP hoping by chance he'd snag the Sheriff or a special while doing so.

Got back from work, and was basically going to say this. I absolutely agree with what King Heffy is saying. Be very careful specials in contacting BJ right off the bat. I'm not exactly sure how Peaches is distributing the Death Note, but perhaps it ended in the one of the Mafia's hands RD one and they have figured that now is a time to kill off one of their Mafia members to move forward. Just a possible situation, unlikely however, but putting it out there.

Can you expand on this? I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at here and I may be able to squash this possibility if you clarify.

*Edit: Not that I really need to I suppose, but the less doubt there is that I'm telling the truth, the better.

It was a possibility, very unlikely at that, but we never did confirm how the Death Note was to be distributed no? I'm not sure if there is a killing every RD or every 2nd RD. If it's every 2nd RD then this kills off any possibility of the scenario I suggested. Still, it would be HIGHLY unlikely even if you did have the Death Note, as I said early, taking a blind shot at VIC hoping he's the Sheriff/Special TP, when KP has an investigation every 2 RD's as well is ridiculous.

If you really did guess right, kudos to you for somehow amazingly snagging the Sheriff, but like I said, unlikely.

Archived