The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most Popular Girls Names 1960-2012 USA

nucklehead

Thanks for posting this. Been spending alot of time thinking about girls names as my wife and I are expecting a little girl in Feb. We both love the name Emma but are worried its too common (2nd most popular girls name in BC last year).

PS- can you post the link where you got this so I can send it to my wife.

it's interesting, because you can see it's normally associated with a big news story or new hollywood starlet on the scene.

Or, in some cases, maybe the opposite. Hannah was once popular in Montana, but I can't see that ever happening again.

when I used to work at a library, every second little girl was named Emma. I always thought it would be weird when parents would meet and introduce their children and they would all have the same name

Mom's love Friends. Rachel named her baby Emma and then everyone wanted their baby to be like Jennifer Aniston's baby.

It is kind of interesting (or not) that Jennifer Aniston is indirectly or directly linked to three of the most popular baby names (Jennifer, Rachel, Emma).

Mom's love Friends. Rachel named her baby Emma and then everyone wanted their baby to be like Jennifer Aniston's baby.

It is kind of interesting (or not) that Jennifer Aniston is indirectly or directly linked to three of the most popular baby names (Jennifer, Rachel, Emma).

Yeah I noticed that. Actually Emma was the second choice for the name of their baby if you remember, the first choice that Rachel rejected was Isabella, which appears in Texas for some reason.

I know. I find that names that end with an "ee" sound like something I'd name my puppy. Lacks character and elegance a lot of the older names have (and no, not Bertha, Gertrude or Mary :P)

True, I've read (albeit on a cat-fact flip calendar) that pets respond better to "ee"-ending names. Still better than "Jaden" though.

Thanks for posting this. Been spending alot of time thinking about girls names as my wife and I are expecting a little girl in Feb. We both love the name Emma but are worried its too common (2nd most popular girls name in BC last year).

PS- can you post the link where you got this so I can send it to my wife.

Here ya go

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2013/10/a-wondrous-gif-shows-the-most-popular-baby-names-for-girls-since-1960/280709/

Not sure what good it will do you though. As there aren't any other names on it.

Archived