The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal)Van Buf Blockbuster

harmer

It would certainly put us in a great position to battle for the cup. If we could extend vanek, it would make sense. Our 3rd line centre would b awesome with Ott, and then Richardson goes back to 4th line. I'd rather put gaunce in instead of Jensen, and getting rid of booth and his lousy contract is a major bonus. I guarantee San Jose, Chicago etc would take notice. We don't even know if Jensen will turn out to b good. Schroeder has skill but in playoffs he'll get crushed. Ott is a great shut down guy that hits hard and has hockey IQ.

I want the cup, and were not even trading horvat or shinkaruk. Why r u guys so against this?

To Van Steve Ott Thomas Vanek Cody Mccormick

To Buffalo. Jensen Booth 1st rounder Schroeder

2nd

Sedins Vanek

Kassian Kesler Burrows

Higgins Ott Hansen

McCormick Richardson Santorelli

Weise

Not looking to be a downer here, but I suspect that the Sabres could do a lot better dealing Vanek and Ott in separate deals which would occur closer to the trade deadline. And McCormick is currently injured. When's he back?

What is being suggested is Jensen, a former 1st (who has had some injury issues and has yet to crack the NHL), Booth (a history of injuries and a $4.2 million cap hit for this year and the next, Schroeder (a former 1st with good potential, but is lacking size), and what could be a bottom ten draft pick. That's kind of low compared to some other deadline deals we've seen in the past.

regards,

G.

Interesting proposal,

I'm not sure if I would want Ott, he's a hell of a player but not sure if his 3m can fit in our cap space.

Granted Vanek's cap hit is high but he's got more of the scoring intangibles that we need.

I was thinking more of a Booth + high-end prospect + conditional 2nd (first if we make it to the conference finals or sign Vanek before the end of the season).

I believe it can fit under our current cap. (I don't fully trust capgeek's numbers).

*** Added to that, Santorelli has been playing great thus far, granted that may not last throughout the season but as of now I don't see him being demoted to the 4th. He would be a great 3rd line center though.

It would certainly put us in a great position to battle for the cup. If we could extend vanek, it would make sense. Our 3rd line centre would b awesome with Ott, and then Richardson goes back to 4th line. I'd rather put gaunce in instead of Jensen, and getting rid of booth and his lousy contract is a major bonus. I guarantee San Jose, Chicago etc would take notice. We don't even know if Jensen will turn out to b good. Schroeder has skill but in playoffs he'll get crushed. Ott is a great shut down guy that hits hard and has hockey IQ.

I want the cup, and were not even trading horvat or shinkaruk. Why r u guys so against this?

I absolutely agree. Go for broke without losing Bo or hunter. Sounds like win win to me.

I don't understand why people want Vanek... I thought we were tired of soft streaky European players?

He also doesn't fit in with the type of team Gillis is trying to create (bigger, grittier, two way players). Also would he fit in with Torts? Because Gaborik sure didn't and they are very similar players.

I don't understand why people want Vanek... I thought we were tired of soft streaky European players?

He also doesn't fit in with the type of team Gillis is trying to create (bigger, grittier, two way players). Also would he fit in with Torts? Because Gaborik sure didn't and they are very similar players.

I was thinking that but then I realized how badly we need a PURE SNIPER

Archived