The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian seems to be progessing as a player

Southpop45

Ever since the buffalo game there has been a noticeable difference in kassian's game. hes been playing a lot better and were finally starting to see some progression from last year.

• way better puck control
  • passing skills were good before but much better now
  • more patient with the puck
  • better condition

dont get me wrong this isnt a huge step forward. he still has quite a way to go but at least there is signs that he is moving forward. some things he still needs to work on

• more confidence shooting the puck
  • hitting a little bit more
  • going to the dirty areas
  • overall intimidating the other team more (hits,fights,shoving,chirping)

what do you guys think are you starting to see some progress with kassian? do these last you few games make you feel a little bit better about him going forward? are you starting to see the player he can be?

It's obvious that when he was brought in, he was going to be a project. We're going to see these little improvements game by game.

Let him develop at his own pace. Can't force a guy like this. It's just a matter of him gaining experience. You see his little bursts and you think 'wow pls do this every shift' or he'll get into position to throw a hit and then skate away or some shiz, so it's just a matter of teaching him at his pace and not rushing his development.

It's obvious that when he was brought in, he was going to be a project. We're going to see these little improvements game by game.

Let him develop at his own pace. Can't force a guy like this. It's just a matter of him gaining experience. You see his little bursts and you think 'wow pls do this every shift' or he'll get into position to throw a hit and then skate away or some shiz, so it's just a matter of teaching him at his pace and not rushing his development.

couldnt agree with you more. hes most likley not gonna have that big 40-45 point season that everyone was hoping for. especially when he keeps moving up and down the lineup like crazy.

This is something I wish more people would realize.

Kassian has the potential to be that mean, skilled, hulking power forward (look at Lucic) that only around three to six teams a season have the blessing of having.

He's only 22! It took Bickel and Bertuzzi a while to show that they have a severe impact on the game. Lucic is the only power forward I can think of to date who busted right on to the scene at an early age.

I think the biggest key for Kassian right now is consistence. When he shows flashes of brilliance like he has on this road trip, he's one of the most dominant players on the ice. He worked hard tonight and would have had a goal if it had been allowed.

It's great to see he's having fun and is at least showing he's interested. Keep it up Zack!

Shinkaruk - Kesler - Kassian is my dream second line for next year if Kassian can put it all together. So much potential.

Im thinking Kesler will be planted on the Sedin line foe a while. That being said, I wouldnt be against Horvat/Shinkaruk on 2nd line next year. Great kid lime with savvy vets on the 1st and journeymen on the 3rd

He's still a long ways away from his expected peak but progressing slowly, it's good to see. BTW, can someone explain to me why Kassian was split up from the Sedins last year when he was on a point streak? I still don't understand what happened there... the kid showed the most confidence I had ever seen from him and that's when I thought he was starting to find his mojo; after being placed on the 4th line for some reason, he just went rock bottom and now is slowly progressing this year .

Archived