The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How can we get Steve Ott?

Seriously.

Maybe he's not as he was before; it's hard to tell with buffalo's current downfall. Hansen-Ott-Higgins/Kassian would (to me) be the perfect 3rd line. I know Gillis has been inquiring about him for a while now but buffalo didn't want to give him up last season. Do you think he's still worth pursuing? (I personally would include Schroeder in the trade)

Sadly, we can no longer offer Raymond Ballard and a 1st :P

Too old and his cap hit is too large.

You're willing to give up Schroeder for an UFA at the end of the season?!?!?

:picard:

I would definitely give up Schroeder for a player that would better this team. I like Schroeder but eventually he just isn't going to fit on this team any more. Why wait until next season to get a guy like Ott when our core is ageing and our window is closing.

I would definitely give up Schroeder for a player that would better this team. I like Schroeder but eventually he just isn't going to fit on this team any more. Why wait until next season to get a guy like Ott when our core is ageing and our window is closing.

b/c we're not in need of a 3C right now. santorelli is playing at a second line pace, richardson is playing at a 3rd line pace.

top six winger or top six center if we want to move kesler to the wing.

Good thing ur not the GM..

Oh give me a break. At least post something useful to the thread.

Anywho, yes, I would give up Schroeder. Infact I don't believe we have a choice. Santorelli has proved to be consistent enough to take his place, and we're only smaller with Schroeder. Having Richardson on the 4th line and Ott on the 3rd really gives us depth and that's what you need for playoffs. We've all seen how injuries have ruined us come playoffs the past few years.

Even if he's a fan favourite, you don't think Buffalo would entertain moving him for prospects+? I (along with many others) have a feeling they're about to enter a panic mode.

Ott is not that missing piece, especially at that price.

Archived