The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Perfect trade time

davinci

With the emergence of Stanton and the fact that we now have a very solid 6 with corrado still in the wings. Our d is one of the most expensive in the league with 4 making over 4mill per.

Is it time to trade a top 4 dman for some much needed help in the top 6?

Skinner, yak, vanek, Stepan

With the emergence of Stanton and the fact that we now have a very solid 6 with corrado still in the wings. Our d is one of the most expensive in the league with 4 making over 4mill per.

Is it time to trade a top 4 dman for some much needed help in the top 6?

Skinner, yak, vanek, Stepan

I agree. Hamhuis is a GREAT defenceman but I think this team could live without him especially if he could fetch us a Steve Ott for the 3rd line centre spot with bite we so desperately need.

I agree. Hamhuis is a GREAT defenceman but I think this team could live without him especially if he could fetch us a Steve Ott for the 3rd line centre spot with bite we so desperately need.

Garrison and Hammer are untouchable, imo. Bieksa or Edler are expendable, imo, and could fetch a second line forward I think

Doesn't make sense to me. We have good defense now. Why ruin that?

It's called moving pieces where you are really strong in & adding to the weaker parts that are needed to compete for the CUP. Otherwise known as trading which has been going on since day 1 of the NHL. When you trade a good player the idea is to get back a good or even better player.

Doesn't make sense to me. We have good defense now. Why ruin that?

Because the way the offense and line-up is playing our offense is a) not sustainable and B) teams will learn to shut down Sedins for a significant chance to win

We need to deal from strength for a proven scorer/top 6 help (makes the bottom six easier to slot and therefore doesn't look as bad in previous years)....Hamhuis for me is the one to deal. Hasn't looked great the past couple seasons, and still has value. Tanev/Corrado/Stanton could all absorb his minutes if we got a good top 6 in return. Stepan or Dubinsky would be great additions...

I don't see the point of weakening our strongest position to try and fill a hole, which may or may not work out. We've done this in the past to no avail, consistently trading prospects and picks for what only turns out to be a rental or a failed marriage in Booth/Ballard.

It's not like we're in need of scoring, as we are still averaging 3 GPG, one of the highest in the league. I'd far rather keep our defensemen, any of which can log 25mins+ on a good night, a luxury most teams are envious of.

lol Bieksa for a cripple 40 point Michalek... hows that a good deal??? Bieksa is one of the best all around defensmen in the NHL.

no, no he's not. He gets points and he has some grit and he's likeable, I'll give you that. Other than that he's a complete train wreck. Though Alberts took the blame for the first goal last night, He was actually in position and it was Bieksa out at the top of the circle and completely out of position that led to that goal........that's par for the course for Bieksa's career (though he was pretty good last year)

I don't see the point of weakening our strongest position to try and fill a hole, which may or may not work out. We've done this in the past to no avail, consistently trading prospects and picks for what only turns out to be a rental or a failed marriage in Booth/Ballard.

It's not like we're in need of scoring, as we are still averaging 3 GPG, one of the highest in the league. I'd far rather keep our defensemen, any of which can log 25mins+ on a good night, a luxury most teams are envious of.

You're happy with Higgins, Hansen, and santorelli logging second line minutes?? Oh my goodness that's one of the ugliest second lines in the league. Our lack of depth is really exposed especially when keslers on the 1st with the Sedins.

no, no he's not. He gets points and he has some grit and he's likeable, I'll give you that. Other than that he's a complete train wreck. Though Alberts took the blame for the first goal last night, He was actually in position and it was Bieksa out at the top of the circle and completely out of position that led to that goal........that's par for the course for Bieksa's career (though he was pretty good last year)

What about the hits he lays or the big goals he scores or the 3 assists he got against pittsburgh or the only DEfenceman who will drop his gloves if needed???? If he makes a mistake he makes up for it in many other ways.

BIESKA RIGHT!!!!

Bieksa's had a good year swashbuckling but I'd agree this is a good time to move him while his value is up... everybody has a price.

...that being said the return would have to be a very dependable 2nd line scoring threat or a shutdown 3C. Juice seems rejuvenated this year and has been one of our best players so far.

What about the hits he lays or the big goals he scores or the 3 assists he got against pittsburgh or the only DEfenceman who will drop his gloves if needed???? If he makes a mistake he makes up for it in many other ways.

BIESKA RIGHT!!!!

did you read beyond "no, no he's not"? I admit he has those qualities, but they don't make up for the massive defensive brain farts he has game in and game out. He's a defenseman, his primary job is to prevent goals and he sucks something terrible at it.

I would be open to seeing KB up front

I don't think trading off one of our D will solve anything. We have a pretty decent set-up up front, and if the coaching staff can just find those perfect lines that have chemistry, we'll be fine. Besides the Sedins and Kesler, 7 other forwards have goals this season, and 4 of them have 2+ goals. They just need to get Burr healthy and back in the lineup, and I think we should be able to compete.

Archived