The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

good for you gillis

i really like what i see thus far on the ice..mobile backend and ok goal tending..its timing in goal tending but basics are there..kevin bieska has improved greatly..i notice he skates much better and sees the ice well and most of his shots are on net..he is not trying to kill it like before..just getting it on net is the key..sedins are skating bit better also...kesler higgins burrows hansen and richardson all have been skating more this season..the key to beat the top teams is all mental part of the game....the canucks are not going to get pushed around..sesito weise kassian should all keep in good shape and things will all be good..santorelli ex bchl guy i saw him play and had a gut feel he would do well in the nhl..he has more potential yet ..he is always skating hard and makes good plays.

I like how he's been able to put together a speedy, gritty top/bottom 6 with sound defensive games: Higgins, Hansen, Booth, Santiorelli, Burrows, Kesler, Richardson and Weise. Kassian's finally beginning to prove himself too.

People knock on Gillis all the time but he's done a great job adding assets to a team without giving away pieces from a future that's looking brighter than ever.

Torts has exactly the right type of group for his system rather than what he had in NY, that speedy, pesky and gritty lineup that helps you win that north-south game in the playoffs. With more time under Torts' system, a hopefully a healthy lineup and players like Daniel and Kesler playing the way they did last night, watch out!

wow really ?

we have not beat ONE team that is a true contender!

im sorry but this team remains to be exploited im not impressed with the product we are given. We were swept last year from the hands of the sharks we are yet to beat the sharks

Archived