The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

FINAL StraightJAB - KESLER BOMB

OFFSIDEsports

Here's this weeks JAB.

KESLER BOMB

That big news I mentioned last week, well...

It's the final Sports Editorial I'll do for The Georgia Straight as the focus for the Sports section for the paper has been changed.

Almost 6 years and 310 JAB's later it's been a helluva ride. Thanks to Matt and Janet at the GS and to all of you for your support.

I've had a blast.

A random JAB may turn up from time 2 time in the Straight but I'm hoping to continue these and am exploring other avenues for publication. If I do land anywhere else all y'all will be the first to know.

Thanks again...

***PLEASE DON'T POST THE IMAGE AS COPYRIGHT ISSUES PREVENT ME FROM DOING SO AND IF ANYONE ELSE DOES THE THREAD WILL BE SHUT DOWN. THANKS!***

[All imagery © Ken Henderson 2007-2013. Any use not expressly permitted by Henderson is forbidden. IF you do want to re-post the image somewhere just PM me and ask.***The Georgia Straight (www.straight.com) holds first publication rights to this image and as such no publication may re-post/publish this image during the initial 7 days of it's initial presentation.]

2 things.

Nice Jab.

More importantly... WHAT?!

That is terrible that the Straight is suspending the sports section and that thus you won't be able to publish with them.

Do they have any control over where you publish if they aren't publishing you? I would assume not...

In that case, you could still create them and post them on CDC like the days of yonder, or I am sure you could find a Canucks blog (PITB or CanucksArmy) that would love to have you on.

Good luck wherever you end up!

Kesler's game has slowly been coming around. He does lead the team in goals.

However, when a player like Santorelli is outscoring him, obviously it needs to be better.

I can see that swagger come back to his game though. He's starting to get involved and playing less around the perimeter. I think alot of it came from him just wanting to stay healthy. The last thing he needs is some D-man slashing his wrist and re-injuring it.

Hopefully Kesler doesn't pull another act like he did in New York. That was slightly embarrassing.

In his best season he was doing it all the time.

I don't understand why when one of our players does it, it's embarrassing. But when half the Sharks or Bruins team does it, it's what? Just playing hard and doing whatever it takes to win?

What are you referring to ?

Embellishing hits or hooks in order to get the call.

Kesler was the master of getting us powerplays in 2010/2011. Which was a big part of our success.

It's no different than what a guy like Couture is doing for the Sharks this season.

Great job as usual, Ken.

Sad to hear that you won't be published in the Straight anymore, but hopefully your work will get picked up elsewhere. It's too good not to be.

Good luck however it breaks out...and remember, you can always post your stuff here. :)

Embellishing hits or hooks in order to get the call.

Kesler was the master of getting us powerplays in 2010/2011. Which was a big part of our success.

It's no different than what a guy like Couture is doing for the Sharks this season.

Agreed, I didn't see anything wrong with what Kesler did, it was a pretty greasy hit, everyone knocks their head back or flops around at some point, kind of frustrating when it's a bit mover the top but sadly it's part of the game now a days, little taste of soccer ;)

First MAKAVELI and now this. Wow. I am depressed. Two amazingly creative Canucks fans losing the avenues to express the respect and admiration for their team.

We still have Gallagher, Botchford, Pratt, and company ... So at least there's that [/sarcasm]

Archived