The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Russel Brand Interview on BBC

DeNiro

So I'm sure people have seen this video making the rounds by now. It's a pretty good discussion with Russel Brand about politics and why he doesn't vote. And why people need to wake up to whats going around them and demand change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLYcn3PuTTk&feature=youtu.be

He's actually really well spoken.

I really like Russel Brand. He's intelligent, funny, self depricating and very talented

"Can't be because of that beard.......it's gorgeous"

classic

Interesting! He reminds me of my middle son in looks and eloquence.

None of my grown children vote as they share the same disenfranchisement as Russel.

We could very well be on the verge of a revolution as more and more we are seeing people using social disobedience to reject the laws-of-the-land regardless of consequences.

We live in interesting times!

So I'm sure people have seen this video making the rounds by now. It's a pretty good discussion with Russel Brand about politics and why he doesn't vote. And why people need to wake up to whats going around them and demand change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLYcn3PuTTk&feature=youtu.be

He's actually really well spoken.

Incredible interview. Thanks for posting.

semi-unrelated: If you are a fan of Brand's interview style, here is a funny one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADJhErmJuoQ

Haha. He made them all look pretty dumb.

The sad thing is, reading the comments on his videos, so many Americans don't like him because they can't understand him. I don't know what it is, I understand him perfectly. I guess it's because Canadian's have more British influence in our society today?

He pretty much highlighted the problem though, especially in the media. If anyone is "weird" or "different", or has different views, the media immediately tries to discredit them somehow. She starts calling him Willy at one point. Really? You don't even know your guests name? Totally unprofessional or maybe she was doing it intentionally.

He really didn't give any specific details as to what kind of system would be better which is a pretty crucial part of this whole revolution. He just hates the system that fracked him over and is trying to overthrow that system without giving a good alternative. What is going to make his system so much better than the one already in place? It doesn't matter what style of "government" you have in place there will always be a rich and poor class.

He talks about taxing these energy giants that are fracking over the planet, They are already taxed and they don't care they just pay the fines and keep on going. If you increase those taxes to the point where they aren't making money there is nothing stopping them from just moving to China or Russia where they can make their money. Is he trying to say that the entire world is on board with these changes? I don't think so.

His revolution will result in world war 3 and I for one don't see anything so horribly wrong with the system that I want to die to have it changed. If it came to that people would not be able to organize like he seems to think, you take away peoples technology and things will be quelled quite quickly the entire revolution will just put the world in total chaos.

I'm not saying I don't like what he's saying, I like some of his views but all those views that I like can happen subtly over time and not with a major revolution that abolishes all government and throws the world into some anarchy with some derision of government.

He really didn't give any specific details as to what kind of system would be better which is a pretty crucial part of this whole revolution. He just hates the system that fracked him over and is trying to overthrow that system without giving a good alternative. What is going to make his system so much better than the one already in place? It doesn't matter what style of "government" you have in place there will always be a rich and poor class.

He talks about taxing these energy giants that are fracking over the planet, They are already taxed and they don't care they just pay the fines and keep on going. If you increase those taxes to the point where they aren't making money there is nothing stopping them from just moving to China or Russia where they can make their money. Is he trying to say that the entire world is on board with these changes? I don't think so.

His revolution will result in world war 3 and I for one don't see anything so horribly wrong with the system that I want to die to have it changed. If it came to that people would not be able to organize like he seems to think, you take away peoples technology and things will be quelled quite quickly the entire revolution will just put the world in total chaos.

I'm not saying I don't like what he's saying, I like some of his views but all those views that I like can happen subtly over time and not with a major revolution that abolishes all government and throws the world into some anarchy with some derision of government.

Says the guy comfortably sitting on his mom's coach.

But seriously, of course you don't. Neither do I. Neither does, I would imagine, anyone who reads or has time to waste on this board. It's the millions (billions?) that get fracked day after day so that we can sit here and argue about stupid things that want a revolution. And I can't blame them.

Says the guy comfortably sitting on his mom's coach.

But seriously, of course you don't. Neither do I. Neither does, I would imagine, anyone who reads or has time to waste on this board. It's the millions (billions?) that get fracked day after day so that we can sit here and argue about stupid things that want a revolution. And I can't blame them.

The people on this board hell the people in this country and not getting fracked enough to warrant this. That's my point what Russel wants is total destruction of the governmental system and that requires the entire world to be involved and want change IF one nation like lets says China says no it starts a global war. He makes it sound like its super easy to just change the world when it won't come without huge costs and that cost is not dollar signs.

Well he did say that there are more qualified people that could answer that question. I think it was silly of that guy to expect him to come up with a solution to the world's problems in a 10 minute interview in a hotel room. Even if he did give an answer, it wouldn't matter because the system that we have is so entrenched now and won't change.

And that seems to be how people write off someone saying things could be better. That well unless you have a solution, the system we have now is the best one we can make. Which is BS. All he's saying is that the system we have now is flawed as evidenced by all the social and economic turmoil that's going on in the world. It's up to a collective of people (the voters) to demand change. The first step is recognizing the problems though.

I don't think the revolution he's talking about involves overthrowing government. I think he's talking more of an intellectual revolution where people wake up to what's going on around them and don't just take things at face value. It's what happened in the 60's. People woke up to what their government was force feeding them and demanded change. And it worked. That's the type of revolution that needs to happen. And if people would stop being so distracted by the garbage that's being fed to them they could actually unite together in something meaningful.

Vote for what he just throws some big words out there, that i'm sure you didn't understand, and barked about a revolution and suddenly you would vote for him?

Economic disparity is the world's largest problem by a long shot. The breaking down of the disillusions that the government portrays is the reason we have groups in Canada such as the Sovereign Citizen movement. Its the reason why there is a town in Squamish where they are recruiting their own police force. We are in desperate need of an alternative government solution that does not breed apathy. Less then 60% of Canadians eligible to vote did in the last federal election. It has actually created what is called a de facto government regime.

I understand what he is saying perfectly, he did not use any "big" words that are difficult to understand.

Well at least not difficult to understand for anyone of any intellectual capacity equal to a 3rd grade level. You should check out this program called Hooked on Phonics. It may help you with your language comprehension.

https://orders.hookedonphonics.com/Learn-To-Read.aspx?vc=WPG1&pc=SWPGCI&gclid=CIS7iqnLsLoCFeh0QgodlAUAdA

Go nucks go

Economic disparity is the world's largest problem by a long shot. The breaking down of the disillusions that the government portrays is the reason we have groups in Canada such as the Sovereign Citizen movement. Its the reason why there is a town in Squamish where they are recruiting their own police force. We are in desperate need of an alternative government solution that does not breed apathy. Less then 60% of Canadians eligible to vote did in the last federal election. It has actually created what is called a de facto government regime.

I understand what he is saying perfectly, he did not use any "big" words that are difficult to understand.

Well at least not difficult to understand for anyone of any intellectual capacity equal to a 3rd grade level. You should check out this program called Hooked on Phonics. It may help you with your language comprehension.

https://orders.hooke...CFeh0QgodlAUAdA

Go nucks go

What solutions did he give? What is he going to do to fix these problems to make the world a better place? Anyone can get on TV and start talking about change like every US president has done its another thing to actually do it.

Archived