The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat/Shinkaruk Call-Up Possible?

RyanKeslord17

You can if you have too many players out. So if we were to recall from Utica, except doing so would leave them shorthanded and unable to put a full roster up, then we can recall from junior.

(TOTALLY NOT SURE) Just from my readings around the forum which have been discussed before.

Edit:

The Flames were able to recall Baertschi from junior based on an agreement between the NHL and CHL that states if a team is on its third emergency situation, the club can recall a player from major junior.

Mods I think this is a thread that should be left open to discuss and get everything cleared up so more threads don't pop up.

agreement between the NHL and CHL that states if a team is on its third emergency situation, the club can recall a player from major junior.

found this from an article a year ago, not sure what qualifies as "emergency situation".

found this as well

Emergency Recall: A player on loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL may be recalled under emergency conditions at any time. Emergency conditions are established when the playing strength of the NHL club, by reason of injury, illness or by league suspension, is reduced below the level of two goaltenders, six defensemen and 12 forwards. A player may be recalled for the duration of the emergency only.

now by my count we might actually qualify for emergency recall *IF* this rule is even properly written i cant find anything from an official source so it may be complete crap.

6D

11F (with alberts, weber)

2goalies

We are so damn close to Utica right now there's no reason to do that - unless there's something with cap or waiver issues on the way back down once we're healthy...

I think the only way we exercise an emergency callup is if we are at home in Vancouver and need to play the next day and can't get someone from Utica to come in time - in which case we'll get Shinkaruk who is closest.

I'll just leave my post from the previous threads on this:

Team had more energy with the rookies

He can't be, except for the very limited situation of the emergency call up rule.

The legalese was already posted, but it's basically where the the NHL club has less than the required number of players to ice a full team, and the minor league affiliates don't have enough players to spare without themselves falling below the minimum roster size. We're not in that situation since the Comets have a bunch of players...

It was also answered in the other call up thread: Is it possible to recall Shinkaruk from junior?

Archived