The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows Returning Tonight?

Drive-By Body Pierce

Exactly.

St.Louis is probably the hardest hitting team in the league. Too risky putting in a guy that will still be finding his legs.

I guess the only saving grace if he does play is he'll be rested and you can't really make a broken bone much worse at this point. If he had muscle/tissue/tendon damage and came back, that would be crazy

He broke his foot blocking a shot so it's not safe to return until we play a soft hitting team? It's not like he had a separated shoulder or something.

He's been out a month and has only had one practice...

That means his speed and timing will be off. That's a dangerous situation to put a player in, especially against a more physical team. ;)

He broke his foot blocking a shot so it's not safe to return until we play a soft hitting team? It's not like he had a separated shoulder or something.

I believe the point is to not rush a player back into the lineup when they haven't played in a month and have not really been skating either.

The last thing the team needs is a separated shoulder or something because a player returned too soon and could not properly take or avoid a hit due to not being able to keep up with the game by a matter of seconds or less.

Tonight would be a perfect game for Burrows to be back in the line up as tonight the Nucks need to play a simple game. Burrows needs to get his conditioning up / get back to game speed asap. 10 - 12 minutes with short shifts would be ideal. We will need him with some confidence as the Nucks are notoriously bad on the first game back from a long road trip.

If a player is cleared to play - then there is no such thing as too soon. But if you're suggesting that I'm suggesting that the team is rushing him back for tonight and he's going play hurt like it was a SCF game; no that was not what I was suggesting.

Maybe we should sit Tanev against teams with players with hard shots too because he might try to block one and get hurt and Bieksa can no longer play against teams with sharp skates, he has a history.

Archived