The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Addressing Forward Depth

alpal06

Clearly the Canucks need a bit of a hand offensively. Here's a deal to shore up our team and crack the window open a bit:

To Vancouver: Kris Versteeg, Shawn Matthias

To Florida: David Booth, Jordan Schroeder, 2nd Round Pick, 2nd Round Pick (2015)

-Next chapter of the Canucks-Panthers trade drama. Over at HFboards Panther fans were saying they would gladly take back Booth and have been less than impressed with oft-injured and apparently disinterested Versteeg. Taking back his contract for Booth's, and given the chance to contend again should boost Steeg.

Thought 2 2nds was a bit steep, but I thought I would dispell the bias of overvaluing our own players by overpaying a bit. That being said, Booth plays much harder than he did when he was expelled from Florida. That was the knock on him in Florida..playing soft hockey. Booth tries. While he has been snakebit in Vancouver, he would serve as a wonderful example of work ethic for the young Panthers. If nothing else they dump a little cap, get a big, fast skater who plays hard and pick up a few more pieces to build with.

Thought 2 2nds was a bit steep, but I thought I would dispell the bias of overvaluing our own players by overpaying a bit. That being said, Booth plays much harder than he did when he was expelled from Florida. That was the knock on him in Florida..playing soft hockey. Booth tries. While he has been snakebit in Vancouver, he would serve as a wonderful example of work ethic for the young Panthers. If nothing else they dump a little cap, get a big, fast skater who plays hard and pick up a few more pieces to build with.

I can understand, alot of people think Booth sucks just because of stats and Schroeder even though he has been injured quite a bit.

If the Canucks could get Versteeg and all it took was Booth, that's a deal Gillis should and probably would jump on. He's always good for 40-50 points. And although streaky, he's the type of player that when he's on, the rest of the team feeds off his energy. He would look really good going between the top 2 lines.

Still, won't happen though.

The main issue people are forgetting is Kesler VS Versteeg. The hate is/was almost as strong as Kesler and Ladd. And while obviously we haven't seen Versteeg in years it does not discount the animosity they had over almost 3 solid seasons.

I myself wouldn't mind Versteeg and would be overjoyed with Matthias (anyone Detroit scouted has potential they say) but to get Florida to bite on Booth would be very difficult. Almost as hard as consoling canucks fans with yet another 2nd round pick leaving the team AND another trade with Florida.

Versteeg Matthias and a 2nd for Booth Schroeder 2014 2nd and 2015 3rd (much deeper draft) and 30% retained salary on Booth. Only way to get that even considered I would imagine

If both are hurt, you can't trade them.

/thread

Actually, you can so long as both teams agree. We traded for Higgins when he was hurt (hand/thumb injury) and if both teams are completely aware of the injuries then they can still choose to accept a trade.

It certainly makes it harder, which is perhaps what you meant, but I still don't know why Florida would do it for a healthy Booth anyway.

Please please please Gillis sign Steen or Ott this off season. Preferably steen - can center the second line

sedin - sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Steen - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Santo- Richardsson - Weiss

thats a great 4th line that can play third line minutes, santo and Richardsson are good on draws and often play together in overtime.

thats a a forward group with a bit of everything

Please please please Gillis sign Steen or Ott this off season. Preferably steen - can center the second line

sedin - sedin - Kesler

Burrows - Steen - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Hansen

Santo- Richardsson - Weiss

That's a great lineup but switch Hansen and Santorelli and I'm pretty sure you meant Weise

thats a great 4th line that can play third line minutes, santo and Richardsson are good on draws and often play together in overtime.

thats a a forward group with a bit of everything

Clearly the Canucks need a bit of a hand offensively. Here's a deal to shore up our team and crack the window open a bit:

To Vancouver: Kris Versteeg, Shawn Matthias

To Florida: David Booth, Jordan Schroeder, 2nd Round Pick, 2nd Round Pick (2015)

-Next chapter of the Canucks-Panthers trade drama. Over at HFboards Panther fans were saying they would gladly take back Booth and have been less than impressed with oft-injured and apparently disinterested Versteeg. Taking back his contract for Booth's, and given the chance to contend again should boost Steeg.

The canucks don't need help offensively. They are at 2.9 goals per game without Burrows and now Hansen. Where the canucks need help and more likely polishing is Defensive zone coverage. But not only are the players adjusting to torts, torts is adjusting to the players and the conference. Give it 5 more games and we should see the canucks playing hockey that wins championships.

We overpay by alot.

Take out the 2nds and throw a 3rd.

Matthias=Schroeder, 3rd

Booth=Versteeg

It doesn't really address it either since it is 2 we trade and 2 we get.

Lol Versteeg is way better than Booth, not to mention he's healthier..

Archived