The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jackman

DrChill

At least one suspension on him or Backes (or at least a hefty fine to the team) is what I would want. You don't go after players when the game is over. I honestly doubt anything will happen, they will just say well heat of the moment, tempers flare, etc.

This 'incident' is worse for the game than diving. If attacking players is fine after a game is over then I guess look out Boston? LA? San Jose?

EDIT: Also as much as I would have loved to see Kesler kick Backes and/or Jackman's butt I am very happy and glad he didn't get into it. This is what he did in 2011....not necessarily saying he is back into that mode but definitely nice to have him play that smart.

In all seriousness though, I don`t actually think Jackmans gloves came off? I kept waiting for kesler or him to drop their gloves but I dont think they did. And yeah, certainly no suspension. The worst Jackman did was just shake him around a bit and stick a glove in his face. Certainly not classy and a penalty during the game, but I think Kesler enjoyed every minute of Jackmans upsetness :P

In all seriousness though, I don`t actually think Jackmans gloves came off? I kept waiting for kesler or him to drop their gloves but I dont think they did. And yeah, certainly no suspension. The worst Jackman did was just shake him around a bit and stick a glove in his face. Certainly not classy and a penalty during the game, but I think Kesler enjoyed every minute of Jackmans upsetness :P

I like the fact teams are getting pissed at Kesler again...he was at his best when he was getting under their skin....

I like the fact teams are getting pissed at Kesler again...he was at his best when he was getting under their skin....

I certainly do not want Kesler fighting. Not needed when you have Sestito, Archibald and Kassian. That is a pretty nice mix of guys who can answer the bell. That is what would have happened if the game was not over. What the 'h' did Danny get 10 minutes for? Being attacked by Backes?

Archived