The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack Appreciation Thread

VIC_CITY

I was wrong about Lack. I didn't think he could transition to the NHL this smoothly after his hip injury, I actually thought Eriksson would get the job out of training camp. But Lack has played unbelievable so far this year. He also seems like a positive, happy go lucky kind of guy that fits into the team concept really well and that's everything you can ask for out of your back up goalie. He's really making the Schneider trade that much more justified.

How long til the Vancouver crowd starts an Eddie chant? Give him a home start!!

What a relief that he has bounced back so strongly after surgery.

He had great numbers in the A before his injury- as good or better than Schneids.

I'm not expecting him to up Schneider again in the NHL - those are crazy expectations (but I wouldn't assume he's not capable either) Like Schneider, I really like his poise.

That was quite a test last night for a goaltender with 2 games of NHL experience - he had a pretty st-eady, cool presence.

Lack is our future, I said it before. Made sense to trade Schneider when we got an even younger goalie.

I remember one time I was talking about trading Luongo and keeping Schneider when they won the Jennings trophy. I was all for it because I knew Louie still had a ton of trade value and we could see how good Cory was going to become.

Someone pointed out the fact that Eddie Lack was 2 years younger than Cory. Then the idea of dumping Schneider for way more value first entered my mind. How good was Eddie Lack?

Could Louie hang on until Eddie was ready? The answer so far looks lik ..........YES. :towel:

What a relief that he has bounced back so strongly after surgery.

He had great numbers in the A before his injury- as good or better than Schneids.

I'm not expecting him to up Schneider again in the NHL - those are crazy expectations (but I wouldn't assume he's not capable either) Like Schneider, I really like his poise.

That was quite a test last night for a goaltender with 2 games of NHL experience - he had a pretty st-eady, cool presence.

Yes, the coming of St. Eddie.

So it is written, he shall turn water into ice.

He's been solid so far. His AHL numbers gave me hope, but he's progressed faster than I could have hoped in the NHL. Which considering his surgery is very encouraging. He could be te future.

Plus he's a hilarious dude an a nice guy: and he taught me how to make Swedish meatballs. Bork Bork Bork!

as lack continues to develope this year, and with eriksson doing the same in the ahl , this could be an opening for a possible lugongo trade next summer...based on the speculation that Lu still has a desire to be elseware...the canucks who then be able to possibly eat some cap and sweeten the deal with a pick/prospect

A very encouraging start for Lack. If you guys remember, Schneider struggled in his first run of NHL games and was sent back to Manitoba because it was clear he wasn't ready. Lack looks to be a capable backup so far, but a greater sample size is needed to confirm that. But he's a good story so far.

Archived