The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts on Kesler

WindChaser

If there's another similar topic, please move this there.., I found this quote looking at my yahoo fantasy team xD... Kesler is on my team

"I just look at him as a winger, I like to have that big body along the boards. I think it forces him to play in the area that he needs to play in. I think he gets more shots off the wing. I think it takes out some of the one on one stuff out of our game and he has really concentrated on that and try not to do it himself. So right now we will keep him there and see where it goes."

It amazes me that Torts only needed less than 10 games to find out what AV couldn't figure out for 2 years. If this continues to go well, I think there's a high chance our line up(when healthy) will look something like

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Schroeder Kesler

Higgins Santo Hansen

Sestito Richardson Weise

With Booth slotting in when there's injury to our guys xD. Can't wait for everyone to be healthy!!

If Torts is gonna keep using Kesler on the wing, we desperately need a 2nd line center.

Schroeder is not even close to being ready to take on that role on a team that expects success.

Santorelli is playing well enough to hold the spot right now, but it would be risky to hope he can keep up that play all season long.

would like to see Burrows - Santorelli - Kassian as the scond line

Santorelli kinda came out of nowhere, and not only has he been putting up points, but he has been doing the little things really well.

not sure if he can keep this up for a season or a few seasons but santo is fun to watch, just wish Kassian would step up and be an imposinf force and use his skill more

The second line center position is Santorelli's to lose now IMO.

Booth will be a regular if he can stay healthy. Even if it's in a 4th line role.

I must admit I did not think the Canucks could afford to move Kesler away from 2C but Santorelli's play at 2C has made that possible so far. Kesler is looking just fine as 1st line RW, can't see Kassain taking that spot any time soon unless Kess returns to center.

would like to see Burrows - Santorelli - Kassian as the scond line

Santorelli kinda came out of nowhere, and not only has he been putting up points, but he has been doing the little things really well.

not sure if he can keep this up for a season or a few seasons but santo is fun to watch, just wish Kassian would step up and be an imposinf force and use his skill more

The difference between Santorelli and Tambellini is that Santo has been doing exactly what you just said...he's doing the little things. He's not just tipping in goals or being part of the cycle... He's getting in on the forecheck and stripping guys of the puck. Look at Keslers 1st goal vs the Blues. Santo gets dirty behind the net and comes away with the puck, centers it to Kesler, and we all know how that ended.

Santorelli isn't going to be a fluke, the kid has found his stride and his game here in Vancouver. This kid is making his career.

he won the selke as a center so I wouldn't blame AV for putting him there. It's more a difference in coaching styles, Torts likes to play his best players the most and the easiest way is probably to stack your top line. Currently we're lucky to have santorelli doing pretty good so we don't need to split the sedins and kesler up but I'm kinda expecting santorelli to slow down soon and then kesler would probably have to move back to the second line.

Schroeder belongs in the AHL at this point and maybe forever.

Sedin -Sedin - Burrows

Higgins -Santorelli - Kesler

Booths replacement - Richardson-Kassian

Sestito/Archibald-Welsh-Weise

Schroeder's underrated in my opinion. He's small but he's great defensively. Defensive players tend to stick in the NHL easier than offensive players, at least so it seems.

Santorelli is a good option for this year, but I hope Gillis doesn't plan on re-signing him long term with a full NMC. I wouldn't resign him for more than 1.5M. He just doesn't fit I to the grand scheme of things and we need to make room for the prospects.

You realize that Santorelli fits EXACTLY in the grand scheme of things... That's the beauty of him, he can play the 3rd line center or winger and he can play 2nd line center and winger, hell he can even play the wing with the Sedins and do well. Why would you NOT resign someone who is producing on every line and making his line makes look better to.

Santorelli has assisted

Kesler x2

Higgins x2?*

Richardson X1

*may have only assisted 1 of those and assisted someone else... Possibly Sestito but I can't remember.

He has quietly got 9 points in 13 games and is still very young. How he "doesn't fit in the grand scheme" confuses the hell out of me.

2 Years from now, Sedins on their last year.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Shinkaruk Horvat Burrows

Santorelli Gaunce Kassian

Higgins _______ Hansen

3 years from now, Sedins retire

Shinkaruk Horvat Kesler

Kassian Santorelli Burrows

Higgins Gaunce Hansen

Archibald ______ ______

Archived