The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don Cherry on Luongo

Guest Cuporbust2

Guest Cuporbust2

Just thought I guys might like Cherry s comments on Lu's stellar play this year on coaches corner ( Washington , Calgary game)

He said luongo is playing very well.

Don :

" and how bout that lulongo. The guy falls right into it. Cory Schneider can't stop a beachball and luongo is playing lights out. "

(Thumbs up)

Hahaha. Gota love cherry sometimes.

Come on, Cherry.

Schneider IS stopping everything including the kitchen sink.

It's just a very bad NJ team that he's playing for.

"La-longo" and Schneider both are great goalies - one is playing for a bad team. Luongo has far more experience though and is a leading candidate for the Olympic team, along with Carey Price.

Come on, Cherry.

"La-longo" and Schneider both are great goalies - one is playing for a bad team. Luongo has far more experience though and is a leading candidate for the Olympic team, along with Carey Price.

Schneider has a better GAA and save %. What the heck is Cherry talking about?

regards,

G.

This isn't even Lu playing his best hockey right now. Just goes to show that Cherry never actually watches the Canucks.

And Schneider has been good this season, not sure what he's talking about. The Devils just suck.

I love how they pretend like they were gonna talk about the Sedins too, and then whoops we ran out of time...

Schneider has a better GAA and save %. What the heck is Cherry talking about?

regards,

G.

Compare the goals that have went in, I count 3 that were soft on Luongo

Hamhuis was one of them.

2 Goals off of a D-Man(blocked shot)

Couple goals on the PK that not very many goalies would have stopped.

Also just some good shots.

Luongos stats have been skewed by shots blocked as well, but it is winning games, Luongo has been playing fantastically!.

I'd like to point out that even after a few quick goals, not once has Lu been shelled or lost composure, he's been consistent.

Have you guys seen some of the goals Schneider has been letting in this year? Wrist shots from the blue line, sharp angle shots, weak backhands from the high slot to name a few. I don't think criticism is unwarranted.

Only Nucks fans can find a way to criticize someone who's trying to praise the team.

Compare the goals that have went in, I count 3 that were soft on Luongo

Hamhuis was one of them.

2 Goals off of a D-Man

Couple goals on the PK that not very many goalies would have stopped.

Also just some good shots.

Luongos stats have been skewed by shots blocked as well, but it is winning games, Luongo has been playing fantastically!.

I'd like to point out that even after a few quick goals, not once has Lu been shelled or lost composure, he's been consistent.

And I agree with what you posted here. I am very happy with how Luongo is playing. :)

The point I was getting at is that Schneider's stat's don't deserve a "can't stop a beachball" type of comment.

regards,

G.

I get the sense that some folks here defending Cherry seem to believe that criticizing Cherry's comment is somehow a knock on Luongo. I can assure you that in my case, when I knock Cherry I am knocking Cherry, and how his comment about Schneider is (IMO) wrong.

Have you guys seen some of the goals Schneider has been letting in this year? Wrist shots from the blue line, sharp angle shots, weak backhands from the high slot to name a few. I don't think criticism is unwarranted.

Only Nucks fans can find a way to criticize someone who's trying to praise the team.

So, what you're saying is that, had Schneider stopped a few of these bad goals then his GAA and save % would be even better than it is already. :)

It would appear that Cherry has only watched a few segments and from that has formed an opinion which is perhaps not correct.

This being said, go Luo.

regards,

G.

Come on, Cherry.

Cherry has always backed Lou and Cory is an American, it's nothing about goaltending and all about political views.

Archived