The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your favorite player in the NHL?

Merely

Post your top 3 favorite players in the NHL, besides the Canucks.

And try to give a short reasoning on why. :D

Here are mine.

1. Milan Lucic A monster on the ice, I watch all the bruins games and just for this guy. Think kassian but a bit faster and better hands and throwing hits every where (12 points in 10 games)

2. John Tavares Really skilled and gifted with offensive abilities, just playing on a bad team :/

3. Corey Perry Gets in the skin of players, and great offensive player. Big hits, and just love him, except when he is playing the Canucks

Yours?

Luongo - As the Luongo/Schneider situation went by I developed more respect for Luongo and how he handled the entire thing. He easily could have screwed the Canucks over by ditching us after we traded Schneider but he came back and now he looks ready to win. Say what you will but Luongo is a big reason our team got into the finals.

Burrows - Just a great, heart-warming story. A ball-hockey player who played his way up through the leagues until he finally made it into the NHL. Plays at 100% every game and is clutch in the playoffs.

Crosby - He's just the best player in the game. Sure, people point to his "childish" antics but lots of other players do that (and worse). They just don't get the same publicity as Crosby so no one really cares. I also love how he comes back from his concussion like nothing happened and continues to produce at a ridiculous rate.

All- time:

Yzerman:

had an outstanding all around game and was as clutch as they come. One of the best captains if not the best captain to play the game.

Lidstrom:

the greatest dman to play the game with only Orr being able to put that to debate. Most sound dman there's ever been and he made everyone, no exaggeration - everyone become a plus player. So smart and he wasn't the most physical and intimidating; just his smarts couldn't be outmatched or even matched and he made fools out of everyone with it.

(Detroit is my fav team alongside Vancouver so yea lol)

Currently:

Datsyuk:

best player in the game today. Better than Crosby, Stamkos, etc. Not why I like him but just wanted to say it because he's very underrated in that discussion and the best all around player in the game. Hands down best hands in the game, is the slickest player and can change a game in an instant in the defensive zone or offensive. Also has the best attitude and there's simply no way you could hate him. Best class and he acts like a gentleman always. I always view him as a silent assassin. Doesn't talk much, uses his language barrier as a cutoff if he thinks he's put in a bad spot and is never causing trouble.

Currently:

Datsyuk: best player in the game today. Better than Crosby, Stamkos, etc. Not why I like him but just wanted to say it because he's very underrated in that discussion and the best all around player in the game. Hands down best hands in the game, is the slickest player and can change a game in an instant in the defensive zone or offensive.

Maybe top 5 defensive player, and most skilled. But let me tell you not the best player in the game lol.

Maybe top 5 defensive player, and most skilled. But let me tell you not the best player in the game lol.

We all have our opinions. Idk, I think he is. Chosen first in the nhl Allstar draft and GMs vote said if they had one player to build around or won you a game, they'd want Pavel. Same way I see it. He's too dominant and can't be stopped. Made Chara look like a fool a few days ago. What can't he do?

We all have our opinions. Idk, I think he is. Chosen first in the nhl Allstar draft and GMs vote said if they had one player to build around or won you a game, they'd want Pavel. Same way I see it. He's too dominant and can't be stopped. Made Chara look like a fool a few days ago. What can't he do?

I agree. Best all around player, you want a player who can do it all and Datsyuk can do it all. Puts up points, best defensive forward in the game, the best deker in the game, plus he doesn't talk smack.

I would probably choose Shea Weber. He shows the NHL what a imitated player is, he hurts you if you're near him. Only reason why Nashville is a team in the NHL. Best defensemen in the game, BC boy, hits like a rock, slapshot is probably 2nd best in the game. He isn't a phony defensemen like the others, Karlsson, Letang, Campbell, Timonen, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Green who can't play defense and are just forwards playing defense.

Even Bobby Orr, he changed the game but his defense wasn't spectacular. I think somewhat overrated, he is very popular because he changed the game and was a Doughty, Karlsson, Letang, Campbell. But these guys can't play defense! Just watch them they'll choke the puck, can't hit or get physical in anyway.

They're just forwards playing defense, really.

1. Weber

2. Duchene

3. Gallagher

Score 100 points in a season.

Ah, so difficult!

Favourite forward in the league:

Patrick Kane! Love to watch him play. I'd be thrilled if Shinkaruk could turn into 2/3rds the player he is!

Favourite defenceman in the league:

PK subban! Physical, puts up points, smart player, skates well!

Other player I really like:

Matt Duchene. Always have, and now he's getting media attention for his teams success.

John Tavares

He's been good for a long time already, but now he's really sowing his talent and capabilities. I think the Islanders were a perfect fit for him to grow, but now he'd really tear it up if he played on a more offensively talented team.

Jonathan Huberdeau

Definitely one of the more exciting youngsters around the league. Hopefully we'll never hear about how close we were to getting him in a deal for Luongo, but GMMG decided he wanted more. From a legit source that is.

Aleksander Barkov

This kid will be Malkin 2.0 or something. Mad talent at his age already. Had the privilege of following his career back here in Finland for a while, and have to say I was impressed. Even more with how well he's adapted to the north american game so fast.

Datsyuk is 35 years old and has 882 points in 931 games. (playoffs and reg)

Crosby is 26 years old has 788 points in 563 games.

Crosby isn't showing any signs of slowing down, in fact, he's looking stronger every year. It would be pretty ridiculous to choose Datsyuk over Crosby.

Archived