The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van Col

harmer

To van Paul Stasny

To Col David Booth and a 2nd

This is trade of two under performing players on terrible contracts but Stasny still is a great playmaker for Stasny

Sedins Kassian

Burrows Stasny Kesler

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Weise

Stastny has a much higher cap hit than Booth. We also give up a first. There is no way I make that trade at any point in time ever. Our picks are currently gold in this league as it stands, it is the only way we can insure success in the future.

We now have our own farm team in Utica to develop our players properly without interference or influence from outside the organization. Time to start exploiting that asset.

Also, Colorado is currently the best team in the league, they're not messing with anything at this point in time.

Stastny has a much higher cap hit than Booth. We also give up a first. There is no way I make that trade at any point in time ever. Our picks are currently gold in this league as it stands, it is the only way we can insure success in the future.

We now have our own farm team in Utica to develop our players properly without interference or influence from outside the organization. Time to start exploiting that asset.

Also, Colorado is currently the best team in the league, they're not messing with anything at this point in time.

Yes but they have incredible centre depth

Yes but they have incredible centre depth

Take away Stastny for Booth and that depth is gone. Added that Booth is a winger and oft injured and that presents a lot of issue for the Avs.

We also have a lot of perceived center depth as it stands but if you took away Sedin Kesler Santorelli or Richardson would you be comfortable still saying that?

Especially knowing O'Reilly was such an issue and might still be looking to get out as soon as February or at seasons end, maybe after his contract expires?

There is no way Colorado makes this trade. Booth and a 2nd for stastny? Wow give ur head a shake. Stastny would fetch way way more than that. Just cause a player is struggling doesn't mean they just give him away; especially for a guy that has this yr and next at 4.2 mil, and hasn't shown much in the yrs he's been here, and is oft injured. GMs have brains. Nobody is taking booth. We just have to hope he isn't injured during the tiny buyout window next yr. He will be bought out if not injured. Booth and a 2nd for Paul Stastny hahahahahahah

EDLER for RO'R straight up. with the option to swap 1st's

Who fills Edler's spot?

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Garrison-Tanev? That top 4, is disgusting. We don't need scoring as of right now.

There is no way Colorado makes this trade. Booth and a 2nd for stastny? Wow give ur head a shake. Stastny would fetch way way more than that. Just cause a player is struggling doesn't mean they just give him away; especially for a guy that has this yr and next at 4.2 mil, and hasn't shown much in the yrs he's been here, and is oft injured. GMs have brains. Nobody is taking booth. We just have to hope he isn't injured during the tiny buyout window next yr. He will be bought out if not injured. Booth and a 2nd for Paul Stastny hahahahahahah

This could make sense if Colorado was sinking and at the trade deadline they were in a position to not make the playoffs. This isn't a laughable proposal, this trade wouldn't happen in the next week because Colorado is in position to make the playoffs, maybe trade deadline if the circumstances are right.

I'm sorry Plum but no this doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Yes, if Colorado started to struggle then yes they may look to trade stastny. Heck they may be trying to trade him right now for all we know. We have the pieces to get stastny but booth isn't one of them, unless we include a couple of our young prospects with him. If we r going to trade our young stud prospects, however unlikely, it sure as heck won't be for stastny. As for booth and a 2nd for stastny. Get ur homer glasses off. Now begin to think this through as the avs GM. As the avs GM, do u do this trade? Ok now you've had 12 drinks, and a couple puffs; do u take it now? Not a chance

At 10-1-0, it's unlikely that the Avs will be sellers anytime soon.

However if it were possible to get rid of Booth and acquire Stasny or ROR, I'd be thrilled. Say the avs lose the next 20 games, I'd be OK with a deal like,

Booth to (?) for 3rd round pick

Schroeder and Corrado to Colorado for Stasny

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Burrows Stasny Kassian

Higgins Santorelli Hansen

Archibald Richardson Weise

Welsh/Sesito

Actually if those deals went down I'd cream my pants.

Archived