The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal for Vancouver and Colorado

Introduction of Tortorella's system has made Hamhuis' ability on the ice fall. In 13 games this year he has 1 goal 2 assists and is -1...

And I doubt RO'R likes playing on the wing compared to his natural position... And in Colorado its that, or move MacKinnon to wing and have him play 3rd line minutes, *yikes

If we traded,

Dan Hamhuis,

2nd 2014

and Colorado traded,

Ryan O'Reilly,

And Duncan Siemens

Tanev can play top 4 easily...

Healthy Line-up,

Daniel Henrik Kesler

Burrows O'Reilly Hansen

Kassian Santorelli Booth

Higgins Richardson Weise

(Not always have Higgins their, just the temporary doghouse player for torts)

Bieksa Garrison

Tanev Edler

Stanton Siemens

Luo

NTC.

Hamhuis is our best defense ever since he got here. He isn't going to leave, if ever need someone solid defensively it is Hamhuis making a push for Team Canada aswell.

I can't see Colorado accepting this as they are doing very well and don't need to give up any roster players.

Hammer took a discount to come to BC, been arguably our best player over the last few seasons. His game is getting better.

I like the idea of trading d to get forward depth but I think if we are to do that we trade edler or

Trade a 1st rounder. I know it is the future but a 1st isn't guaranteed to be great at where we will draft from. And edler is a very good player and has potential to be great.

2nd line center is what we need. I likeOReiley other than we all know he wants to get paid. Which isn't our team style so might not be the best choice.

Maybe what we should trade for is a player that is is stuck behind 2 good centers and just needs the oportunity , that comes with a cheaper price tag as well usually.

For example

Sean couturier or B Schenn in Philly

Darren Helm in Detroit, not sure if he has enough to be 2c

Lars Eller stuck behind Desharnais and Plekanec don't thin this would happen with Lars history of arriving in MTL

Mika Zibanejad in Ottawa behind spezza and Turris

Pavelski in SJ but this won't happen in division. And want a ton

In the long run it will probably be a offseason signing or one of our kids stepping up.

A rental this year would really give our kids the spot next year to grab.

Archived