The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marcia Wallace, voice of ‘The Simpsons’ teacher Edna Krabappel, dies

REST IN PEACE :sadno:

http://globalnews.ca...krabappel-dies/

LOS ANGELES – Marcia Wallace, the voice of scoffing schoolteacher Edna Krabappel on The Simpsons, whose wise-cracking characters on The Bob Newhart Show and other prime-time hits endeared her to generations of TV viewers, has died.

Simpsons executive producer Al Jean called said in a statement Saturday that her “irreplaceable character,” the fourth-grade teacher who contended with Bart Simpson’s constant antics, would be retired from the show. Wallace was 70.

“I was tremendously saddened to learn this morning of the passing of the brilliant and gracious Marcia Wallace. She was beloved by all at The Simpsons,” Jean said. It’s “a terrible loss for all who had the pleasure of knowing her.”

The statement did not provide a date for her death, or a cause.

The longtime TV actress’ credits ranged from playing a receptionist for six seasons on The Bob Newhart Show to guest roles on shows like Murder, She Wrote, The Love Boat, Murphy Brown and Full House.

edna-krabappel.png?w=720&h=550&crop=1

Marcia Wallace was the voice of Edna Krabappel on ‘The Simpsons.’

On The Simpsons, Wallace provided the voice for world-weary Edna Krabappel, who smoked cigarettes, made sarcastic comments and finally found love in the arms of Simpson’s neighbour Ned Flanders after fans voted online at the end of season 22 to keep the unlikely couple together.

Wallace’s trademark “Ha!” punctuated Krabappel’s frequent wisecracks, and her character was also known for the catchphrase, “Do what I mean, not what I say.”

Wallace won an Emmy in 1992 for her work on The Simpsons.

Harry Shearer, the voice of Ned Flanders on the show, said Wallace “brought this huge, positive energy” to her work on The Simpsons.

“She was just a warm and wonderful person,” Shearer told The Associated Press.

http://youtu.be/WLNkbRvraho

EDIT: Simpsons are planning to kill off a character this season but Edna wasn't supposed to be it. Poor Ned has lost 2 wifes now.

The Simpsons should just shut'er down for good. If the show keeps going eventually all of the characters will die off. I lost interest at season 10.

why? because you don't enjoy it anymore?

I only watch new episodes on occasion, and some of them are hilarious. In fact, some of the recent Treehouse of Horror episodes are lightyears ahead of the early ones (the 2009 one is probably my all-time favourite).

There are a few great episodes from season 17 ('girls just want to have sums' in particular) and later.

People hate on the show without even watching it, I think.

why? because you don't enjoy it anymore?

I only watch new episodes on occasion, and some of them are hilarious. In fact, some of the recent Treehouse of Horror episodes are lightyears ahead of the early ones (the 2009 one is probably my all-time favourite).

There are a few great episodes from season 17 ('girls just want to have sums' in particular) and later.

People hate on the show without even watching it, I think.

I'm gonna marathon some of the new tree house of horror episodes now lol

haven't watched a new episode in like 6 years

I know you're trying to say something but you'll have to say it in English.

sry brah brah

what i meant to say is that your post sorta makes you seem like an old, cantankerous man. but instead of just flat out saying that, i decided to be witless and mildly subversive by suggesting that you are similar to a stereotypical old, cantankerous jewish man from the simpsons. the fact that you 'could [sic] care less' about the character in the topic (krabappel) suggests you don't watch the show at all, so i figured using an obscure simpsons reference in response to your post would either confuse you or be meaningless to you, all the while being an inside joke for those of us In The Know, so we could have a little laugh at your expense without being confrontational

boy, that didn't work

Archived