The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RISKY Proposal-NASH/COL...(who wins?)

Nash deals Shea Weber.

Colorado sends Nate MacKinnon & their 2014, 2015 2nd rounders.

Colorado instantly becomes a legitimate force(sorry, I don't buy that they're as good as their start). They'll probably taper off, by Christmas, due to poor D depth. To open cap space, I'd suggest they also deal Stastny for youth/pick.

Nsh would almost have an instant rebuild in action. First overall & #4 pick(Seth Jones) from the amazing 2013 class. Forsberg added, just prior. I think their fans would get behind a young, affordable team for Poile/Trotz to mould.

Who wins?

Nashville by a mile, 2 seconds and dump a 10 million dollar contract, also get a future first line center to center forsberg, and jones and mackinnon will be back bones for any team. Like crosby/malkin and letang, or kane/toews and Keith/seabrook, they will only need a couple more drafts

Yes, but wouldn't you agree this makes Colorado a contender?

I think if the Av's were that desperate for a D they would have taken Jones in the draft, he's looking like he will be the real deal in this league for a long time. Roy obviously thinks MacKinnon is that good from watching him play in juniors I don't think they will walk away from him. In my opinion they have so much fire power upfront that they don't need a D of Webers stature they'd be better off going after full balanced line up and adding two more top 4. It would cost less high assets to acquire and they'd still be able to have all that fire power up front.

Started thinking about this after seeing a "Trade Weber" article in the Hockey News. Polluted by Leaf/Flyer fans with obscene proposals (& 80 comments). The guy is certainly coveted.

Consider they've paid almost 30 mill in salary/bonuses. He's locked in for 13 seasons at almost 80 mill remaining. Essentially you can build a team around this stud, keeping him at only about SIX MILLION/per.

For investing 30 mill, Nashville could end up with a budding future. On both team's accounts, that seems fair.

They are 9-1 and don't need a change anywhere. And I wouldn't trade Nate for anything if I were Colorado. He is a franchise centre as well as the face of the franchise.

I'd argue a top D-man(locked in for a dozen years) is more valuable than a Tavares-like, young centre. Besides, Col has Duchene & Landy.

Archived