The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Nas 2nd line Centre.

bigpush

Vancouver trades Booth, Schroeder(RFA) and Jensen

to

Nashville for David Legwand(UFA) and 3rd round pick (conditional on Schroeder resigning).

Legwand is a versitile player who contributes all over the ice and would fit in well with Tort's system. We get a legit 2nd line centre which allows Santo to play 3rd and Richardson on the 4th. Horvat, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Santorelli, Welsh and Richardson make Schroeder and Jensen expendible.

Nashville gets 3 players with offensive potential and all should be capable of playing this year or next (Jensen). While Booth isn't too attractive he is primarily a cap dump which could work out in Nashville's favour. Schroeder doesn't really have much chance of cracking this years roster with Santorelli and Richardson playing well but should be able to play in the NHL. Jensen is a quality even if not grade A prospect that improves Nashville's offense for the future.

Healthy line up

Sedin Sedin Kesler <-----------Legit top line

Burrows Legwand Hansen <--Fastest line in hockey, shutdown and score off the rush

Higgins Santorelli Kassian <--Hardworking physical secondary scoring

Welsh Richardson Wiese <---responsible energy line

Sestito, Archibald

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Good proposal. I think it is a little too much for a UFA most likely walking, we could get rid of Schroeder or Jensen to make it more fair. We'll have to wait if Nashville is a seller or buyer and their position in the standings.

So we trade Schroeder and Jensen, who are young and might even become better than legwand

We get Legwand, a 33 year old player who will be a UFA at the end of the season

But no, we have to throw in a 3rd round pick to make them consider it.

I'd do Schroeder and a 3rd(same conditions as you) at trade deadline

It's interesting, but there's a whiff of the Roy deal here. I'd want some protection with this one. For example, if he doesn't re-sign, the pick is upgraded to a 2nd.

Booth is deadweight, so we're appreciative(& whisking to the airport); but Schreds & Jensen are TWO recent 1sts, who still have pretty good upside.

Prefer to send such a package to Philly or Buff, for one of their signed/solid fwds.

So we trade Schroeder and Jensen, who are young and might even become better than legwand

We get Legwand, a 33 year old player who will be a UFA at the end of the season

But no, we have to throw in a 3rd round pick to make them consider it.

I'd do Schroeder and a 3rd(same conditions as you) at trade deadline

Schroeder and Jensen might be young but at this point are not can't miss prospects, I would be surprised if Shroeder is resigned the way his season is going and Jensen has potential but is the price you pay for a 200 ft player like Legwand. Schroeder and a 3rd won't get Legwand at the deadline or anytime

It's interesting, but there's a whiff of the Roy deal here. I'd want some protection with this one. For example, if he doesn't re-sign, the pick is upgraded to a 2nd.

Booth is deadweight, so we're appreciative(& whisking to the airport); but Schreds & Jensen are TWO recent 1sts, who still have pretty good upside.

Prefer to send such a package to Philly or Buff, for one of their signed/solid fwds.

Both Phi and Buf have decent prospects and young forwards who already are playing so I doubt there is much room for Jensen and Schroeder and they also don't have much in the way of top 6 to give up for that price. I like Legwand more than Stafford or Hartnell, none of Voracek, Simmonds, Coutourier, Schenn, Grigorenko, Foligno, Giroux etc.. would be availible for Booth ++

For now I say keep Schroeder as the 3rd/4th line C and acquire a top-6 scorer instead with Santo C on the 2nd line.

Sedin Sedin Kesler

(*scorer*) Santo Burrows

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Wiese Richardson Kassian

Our entire top-6 is dangerous and our bottom-6 is basically two 3rd lines that can also be a threat to score.

Vancouver trades Booth, Schroeder(RFA) and Jensen

to

Nashville for David Legwand(UFA) and 3rd round pick (conditional on Schroeder resigning).

Legwand is a versitile player who contributes all over the ice and would fit in well with Tort's system. We get a legit 2nd line centre which allows Santo to play 3rd and Richardson on the 4th. Horvat, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Santorelli, Welsh and Richardson make Schroeder and Jensen expendible.

Nashville gets 3 players with offensive potential and all should be capable of playing this year or next (Jensen). While Booth isn't too attractive he is primarily a cap dump which could work out in Nashville's favour. Schroeder doesn't really have much chance of cracking this years roster with Santorelli and Richardson playing well but should be able to play in the NHL. Jensen is a quality even if not grade A prospect that improves Nashville's offense

Healthy line up

Sedin Sedin Kesler <-----------Legit top line

Burrows Legwand Hansen <--Fastest line in hockey, shutdown and score off the rush

Higgins Santorelli Kassian <--Hardworking physical secondary scoring

Welsh Richardson Wiese <---responsible energy line

Sestito, Archibald

Hamhuis Garrison

Edler Tanev

Stanton Bieksa

Take out Jensen and it is a done deal

Archived