The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Bieksa crack team canadas lineup?

MLT

Coming into the season the odds on favorite to make team Canada would have had to be Hamhuis. I'd seen him discussed a few times on TSN. Now i'd have to say Bieksa could be playing his way onto the team. It appears Hamhuis has played his way off the team.

Bieksa has had a great, consistant start. Solid defensive play.

Garrison as a dark horse, although i dont think his skating suits the big ice.

Can Bieksa make the team if he keeps it up? I'm sure Grapes thinks so :)

I think Canada is most stacked on Defense, so no, I doubt he'll even get a look considering all the candidates ahead of him. Even Garrison who has a blast from the point (And in my opinion is our best defenceman) probably won't even get consideration.

Alex Pietrangelo

Shea Weber

Kris Letang

PK Subban

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Brent Seabrook

All those guys are ahead of Bieksa, I'm pretty sure there's more but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Canada has so many great defencemen on the right side

Weber

Pietrangelo

Letang

Phaneuf

Subban

Doughty

etc.

Hamhuis, imo, only has a chance because Canada is not as deep on the left and players may not be comfortable playing on the offside on a bigger ice surface. The only person I can think of that is a lock would be Duncan Keith.

Yeh too stacked on D and especially on the right hand side. I don't see Hamhuis getting anywhere close to getting called up, especially with how he has started this year and the players ahead of him.

Canada has so many great defencemen on the right side

Weber

Pietrangelo

Letang

Phaneuf

Subban

Doughty

etc.

Hamhuis, imo, only has a chance because Canada is not as deep on the left and players may not be comfortable playing on the offside on a bigger ice surface. The only person I can think of that is a lock would be Duncan Keith.

Deep down i know this is all true. I just love Bieksa!

I would put him ahead of phaneuf at this point. Maybe even Letang in an all around game. I dont see Letang making it. Good offensive game isn't enought to make that team.

He can be as solid as any other dman, but I dont see him making it.

The name on the jersey carries a huge weight in decisions. (Proven to be great and established over several years)

Same way for Mike Smith, Luongo, Price will obviously get the nod ahead of him even if they all were to play just as good as the other.

(My stand on this isnt against it, or for it, just neutral, slightly leaning towards the big name guys, aka proven in the past)

I think Canada is most stacked on Defense, so no, I doubt he'll even get a look considering all the candidates ahead of him. Even Garrison who has a blast from the point (And in my opinion is our best defenceman) probably won't even get consideration.

Alex Pietrangelo

Shea Weber

Kris Letang

PK Subban

Drew Doughty

Duncan Keith

Brent Seabrook

All those guys are ahead of Bieksa, I'm pretty sure there's more but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

You forgot Phagoof ;):P

On a side note:

I swear that theres a 99 % chance that Bieksa is bribing/threatening Don Cherry! Because Don Cherry is going on and on about him 24/7!

I call for an Inquiry! :shock:

No dude you got it wrong. Don Cherry seems be in love with this "Bieska" character that I haven't seen before.

Archived