The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

jason garrison I like your shot but please hit the net!

boss

jason garrison needs to really work on hitting the net. Its quite annoying to see this guy miss the net on a-lot of chances. Hopefully torts makes him work on his shot from the point more accuracy needed!

His shot % has always been around 8 percent. I don't expect to get any better. It is what it is. May as well get used to it.

Same complaint by fans for every defenseman who ever shot at the net, ever. 'Durr, hit da net!'

Almost as useless as 'shoot!' is when the team is on the powerplay and the shooting lanes are blocked, but not quite.

Well said, I think it's the nature of the fans in sports that put huge pressure on their respective teams, and that's the case here. Nothing's ever good enough

Same deal as last year. Jagar had trouble hitting net early last season - too. AV decided to keep him away from the 1st PP unit...even tho' he was learning to adjust to his new situation, system & teammates. But - Jagar improved & was teeing up some aces by the end of the year. AV kept him off the 1st PP unit...anyway.

Now we have a coach who's more flexible & observant of trends. I think the conjestion infront of the net...is his psychological impediment. With so many guys down & out with injuries...he's trying to pick-off the corners more & play for the deflections...rather than just firing some direct bombs-away.

With a healthier team infront of him...& more game-time continuity for his 'mates to properly anticipate the blasts & show that they can avoid 'em.... Jagar's shots will be back on target again, soon enough.

I would LOVE to see Salo - Garrison on the point during the PP. What bomb do you try to defend?

I wouldn't mind having Salo back before the play-offs? If Tampa tanks... it could happen.

But, the balls-to-wall full-throttle style of Tortorella might well wear the ol' guy out. And - the shot-blockin' thing would not likely be Salo's favorite pass-time, either. So, maybe this ship has sailed for good....sigh.

Archived