The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[IR] Schroeder Out 9 Weeks

Strombone1

Developing_Header.jpg

@HalfordPHT: Report: Canucks' Schroeder (ankle) needs surgery, out 9 weeks http://t.co/VUD6M67MzV

The prognosis for Jordan Schroeder‘s broken ankle doesn’t sound good.

On Monday, News 1130 in Vancouver reported that Schroeder will require surgery to have screws inserted, a procedure and recovery period that could last up to nine weeks.

Schroeder, 23, has had miserable luck this season. He fractured the same foot while blocking a shot in the preseason, forcing him to miss the first six games of the season.

His return lasted all of three contests before he re-broke the foot, blocking a shot against Pittsburgh on Oct. 19.

Vancouver’s first-round pick (22nd overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, Schroeder has struggled making an impact at the NHL level, though did show signs during the lockout-shortened 2013 campaign. The former University of Minnesota standout had three goals and nine points in 31 games, averaging nearly 14 minutes per night.

Think that's it for him potential wise. So many injuries thus far and Torts won't rely on him knowing Schroeder can't stay healthy even when he comes back. Pretty immature of me to say but I feel he's going to be a 3rd line player and a 2nd line playmaker at tops with that being if injuries occur.

Really to bad for schroeder.. Hasn't really had a chance to prove himself in the NHL cuz of Injuries.. He's not a write off yet like some people think but next year he has to stay healthy or his development will be hampered so much he won't be an NHL player

2009 wasn't that good a draft year, but taking a perimeter-playing undersized forward was always going to be a boom or bust move.

Now that he's proven that can't stay healthy while not developing well or even having the time to develop due to injury, we're approaching bust status with him.

In any case, he's a player who's more suited for the east, obviously. Even if he pans out, he'll eventually end up there. Why we drafed him, i'm not sure. Did Gradin not recommend Johansson highly enough? Whatever.

How ironically everybody hates Booth when he gets injured, but feel sorry for Schroeder. Nobody gets hurt on purpose.

I believe that has to do with the money he makes and how young he is. By the time Schroeder makes the NHL with any sort of consistency, he is going to be rebuilt like the 6 million dollar man! I think we have to make him a winger or trade him off when he is healthy, for a fresh start.

Archived