The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would it be possible to have one team have two head coaches?

erkayloomeh

For example.......Daniel and Henrik

Can you see them coaching someday and if so can you see them together or apart. I think this decision if it ever happened would remind me alot of the luongo captaincy decision in the sense that it would be completely unorthadox.

Discuss

Didn't the Oilers try something goofy like that with Renney and Quinn a couple of years ago?

Either way, I think it's a ridiculous idea. You need one guy that oversees the whole thing. Assistant coaches have things they are responsible for, but the head coach runs the show.

Just because they are twins doesn't mean they do EVERYTHING together. They did marry seperate wives. They have different sets of children.

Maybe they don't want to stay in hockey afterwords? Maybe they will go to Sweden, and both work as scouts for Modo?

Maybe Daniel will want to go into coaching, and Henrik wants to go into management?

Two head coaches? No.

I can't think of a scenario where that would work. The system now with a head coach along with the assistants acting as a defensive coach and special teams coach is a prefect. There is a reason why it is the template for most major league sports, it works.

Just because they are twins doesn't mean they do EVERYTHING together. They did marry seperate wives. They have different sets of children.

Maybe they don't want to stay in hockey afterwords? Maybe they will go to Sweden, and both work as scouts for Modo?

Maybe Daniel will want to go into coaching, and Henrik wants to go into management?

Two head coaches? No.

You just blew the OP's mind away.

Of course it would be possible.

Would it be reasonable? Maybe, but probably not.

The Flames have two GMs for all intents and purposes (although anything the Flames do is probably not the best 'pro' case to be made. The cons...don't necessarily apply to the Sedins though.

Might be worth noting however that the Canucks presently have both twins, but only one is the captain...

Look @ our assistant, do you know what his job was last year? I'll give you a hint: he'd be coaching Tyler Seguin right now... ;)

My Dentist used to work at Dairy Queen when he was a kid. Does that mean I'm getting my cavity filed by a fry cook?

I love the coaches we have. I think they complement each other really nicely. I knew from Day 1 that Torts would be the perfect fit for the Canucks, he was exactly what this team needed, that spark, that missing puzzle in the organization.

Gulutzan looks like such a professional btw haha would be so sick to see this team win a cup with these three coaches and the core we have, Sedins, kes... etc.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/13705617/130294018.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Two head coaches? No.

Exactly. They aren't Siamese twins who were connected at birth. I don't get why people think that they have to be together all the time like one is useless without the other.

Archived