The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand sent to Kalamazoo

UticaHockey

What the heck! They're turning this into like Chicago Wolves. They send Canuck prospects elsewhere and give priority to Utica signings.

Well maybe he's just not playing well enough..... did you think of that?

You must be EXTREMELY upset that Grenier played a season in Austria.. look how well he's doing now. Archie improved his game when he got sent down to the K-Wings too, so I don't see what there is to complain about.

Stop trolling these boards, get out.

What the heck! They're turning this into like Chicago Wolves. They send Canuck prospects elsewhere and give priority to Utica signings.

He has looked absolutely lost. Maybe playing in the ECHL will help his confidence and aid in his development.

For clarification this is not a Chicago Wolves situation. Chicago had their own GM and signed their own players and had influence over who received ice time. Vancouver has 100% control over the signings and player development. The players that are actually signed to AHL contracts in Utica are still really being signed by Vancouver. Vancouver is limited to 50 players under NHL contracts and they currently are at 49. They have to sign some additional AHL contracts to field an AHL team when there are injuries and call ups. If a player under an NHL Vancouver is sent down to the ECHL it is Vancouver making that move, not Utica. Naturally they are going to take the advice of the AHL coaching staff (hired by Vancouver) because they are closest to the players in the AHL.

Hopefully moving Blomstrand down means Jensen is ready to play tomorrow.

He has looked absolutely lost. Maybe playing in the ECHL will help his confidence and aid in his development.

For clarification this is not a Chicago Wolves situation. Chicago had their own GM and signed their own players and had influence over who received ice time. Vancouver has 100% control over the signings and player development. The players that are actually signed to AHL contracts in Utica are still really being signed by Vancouver. Vancouver is limited to 50 players under NHL contracts and they currently are at 49. They have to sign some additional AHL contracts to field an AHL team when there are injuries and call ups. If a player under an NHL Vancouver is sent down to the ECHL it is Vancouver making that move, not Utica. Naturally they are going to take the advice of the AHL coaching staff (hired by Vancouver) because they are closest to the players in the AHL.

Explained it better than I could have. Totally not a Chicago situation - the Canucks are the ones in charge of their prospects' mobility. I don't have the luxury of seeing the games live, but from what you and a few others have said, it sounds like it's not an issue of him not getting enough playing time but more an issue of him struggling. Makes sense to reassign him instead of sitting him in the press box, and to see what Jensen can do to help the Comets.

thank you for clearing it up. Good answer unlike that of Herberts who needs to explain to me how my reply is remotely close to trolling. What a ......

Hopefully he can learn the game better and be brought back up.

I think people just have to understand that some prospects (esp. lower rounders) tend to need more time to be developed properly to their potential. Is not like playing every AHL eligible prospect in the AHL = ready for NHL soon. It takes time for them to adapt to the pro game.

And people have to keep in mind that some of these prospects will not play in the NHL. I am not saying Blomstrand is a bust, but he needs time in the lower leagues.

Archived