The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did Bieksa step up his game when Tortorella arrived as coach?

Mangoes

In my opinion Bieksa is really motivated and pumped for this year. He has shown improvement compared to last year. AV didn't use Bieksa that much last year and Bieksas game really stepped up big time this year I wanted to see him be paired with Garrison this year for most of the season. In my opinion they have the hardest shot in the team along with Edler who has clearly emerged as a #1 dman for the Canucks

Bieksa has been here in our Canucks organization for many years now and I think he deserves to be on the ice more often he clearly deserves it

What do you think? Has he taken the next step of his game?

gonna pull an Elvis here... did you really have to make a Bieksa <-> Torts thread literally hours after the other one on the first page that actually has an involved article for substance?

f'n mangoes...

I'd say I'm offended, but I'm not.

[Q&A] Five Questions: Bieksa on Canucks' aggressi...

Can Bieksa crack team canadas lineup?

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

lol usually this kind of stuff doesn't bother me too much, but this is just ridiculous. It's really like he just read that thread and decided to take his response to it and make a thread. It's not even a good OP.

I'm just shocked he didn't make a poll.

lol usually this kind of stuff doesn't bother me too much, but this is just ridiculous. It's really like he just read that thread and decided to take his response to it and make a thread. It's not even a good OP.

I'm just shocked he didn't make a poll.

No question, Mangoes makes terrible threads.

In my opinion Bieksa is really motivated and pumped for this year. He has shown improvement compared to last year. AV didn't use Bieksa that much last year and Bieksas game really stepped up big time this year I wanted to see him be paired with Garrison this year for most of the season. In my opinion they have the hardest shot in the team along with Edler who has clearly emerged as a #1 dman for the Canucks

Bieksa has been here in our Canucks organization for many years now and I think he deserves to be on the ice more often he clearly deserves it

What do you think? Has he taken the next step of his game?

No

He is allowed and encouraged to play his game, AV had a system that did not permit KB's to play his game.

Torts system just fits Bieksa much better than AV's, which often had him caught out of position. In both systems, Bieksa was allowed to jump up in the rush, but with Torts, Bieksa has the chance to get back most of the time because forwards hold up the other team's forwards long enough, as well as getting back to cover for him.

With AV's system, Bieksa was often the last man back and still encouraged to pinch aggressively which never worked out well. The forwards are playing much better defence with Tort's system and our defencemen are benefiting the most from it.

AV was far too permissive a coach to get the Canucks anywhere.

He was lucky to have the team he did. During the cup run of 2011, he got lucky. The team squandered a huge lead in the Chicago series because AV couldn't lead them.

Both Nashville and San Jose were dealt with through the effort of the collective.

The Boston series really highlighted AV's shortcomings as a coach. He failed to rally the team to find their resolve, and instead leaned far too much on Luongo.

Game 7 showed how little gumption he had as a coach.

Tortorella is twice the coach Vigneault will ever be.

Archived