The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Villains- 1st round match-ups(Part 2 of 2)

gmen81

Vote  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

let's be honest, at least Freddy had a sense of humour and some creativity. Any brainless idiot can decapitate people. No substance no style. Pinhead vs Vorhees is really tough though gonna be close.

Headless Horseman is the definition of style and substance, actually. More or less gave birth to an entire genre of literature and art (American Gothic). His legend and image have survived almost 200 years.

Freddy Krueger barely survived the 90s.

Headless Horseman is the definition of style and substance, actually. More or less gave birth to an entire genre of literature and art (American Gothic). His legend and image have survived almost 200 years.

Freddy Krueger barely survived the 90s.

He survived the 80's 90's AND 2000's, took Jason Vorhees to the 12th round and killed Jonny Depp. He can smother you in your dreams with style.

Horseman cannot cross a bridge and has an affinity for shabbily dressed school teachers. Horsemen cannot kill Jonny Depp.

Case Closed

He survived the 80's 90's AND 2000's, took Jason Vorhees to the 12th round and killed Jonny Depp. He can smother you in your dreams with style.

Horseman cannot cross a bridge and has an affinity for shabbily dressed school teachers. Horsemen cannot kill Jonny Depp.

Case Closed

By "survived" you mean there's been like 3 or 4 "Nightmare" (or Nightmare spin-off) movies since the 80s, all of which have been totally panned by critics and audiences? Including the most recent attempt at a reboot, which currently has 15% on RottenTomatoes and 5.1/10 on IMDB.

He's a marginal character of zero cultural importance, as we see time and time again

I don't care about his "in movie" abilities

Headless Horseman is just a better, infinitely more important character whose image and legend will go on and on and on and on. Literally the definition of style and substance, despite what you said.

By "survived" you mean there's been like 3 or 4 "Nightmare" (or Nightmare spin-off) movies since the 80s, all of which have been totally panned by critics and audiences? Including the most recent attempt at a reboot, which currently has 15% on RottenTomatoes and 5.1/10 on IMDB.

He's a marginal character of zero cultural importance, as we see time and time again

I don't care about his "in movie" abilities

Headless Horseman is just a better, infinitely more important character whose image and legend will go on and on and on and on. Literally the definition of style and substance, despite what you said.

Your opinion.

Again as far as villains go. Fairly mediocre, even in his Christopher Walken rendition in comparison. And one killed J Depp one couldn't

As for Zero cultural significance, I beg to differ. Ask anyone over the age of fifteen to tell you what Krueger looks like. They'll be bang on with the glove hat and sweater. What does the horseman look like

Uhhmmmm....

Cultural significance in literary circles sure, but this is "pop culture" here and if a child can describe Freddy better than a headless guy, that idea of an embedded cultural significance outside of simple literature is done.

By the by, these are almost ALL movie or TV villains, comparing literary significance from 200 years ago to a guy who was in a movie 3 years ago is immaterial.

People sadly don't read anymore.

Freddy over the HH until the HH can update his style or kill jonny depp

Your opinion.

Again as far as villains go. Fairly mediocre, even in his Christopher Walken rendition in comparison. And one killed J Depp one couldn't

As for Zero cultural significance, I beg to differ. Ask anyone over the age of fifteen to tell you what Krueger looks like. They'll be bang on with the glove hat and sweater. What does the horseman look like

Uhhmmmm....

Cultural significance in literary circles sure, but this is "pop culture" here and if a child can describe Freddy better than a headless guy, that idea of an embedded cultural significance outside of simple literature is done.

By the by, these are almost ALL movie or TV villains, comparing literary significance from 200 years ago to a guy who was in a movie 3 years ago is immaterial.

People sadly don't read anymore.

Freddy over the HH until the HH can update his style or kill jonny depp

More or less a stalemate at this point, but I'm not sure I agree with anything you're saying except that there's a handful of people out there who are able to describe Freddy. I do not think, though, you'd find fewer people who could describe the Headless Horseman.

I also don't think HH is restricted to 'literary circles.' He's in countless cartoons, childrens books, movies, and there's even a Fox TV show on right now called--you guessed it--Sleepy Hollow. Only brought up the style and substance of HH because you said he lacks it. He doesn't. He more or less created (or at least popularized) a style and substance that has lasted very, very long. You just don't like it, maybe, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist

HH is for the children

Freddy is for critics and movie goers to watch and be disappointed by

More or less a stalemate at this point, but I'm not sure I agree with anything you're saying except that there's a handful of people out there who are able to describe Freddy. I do not think, though, you'd find fewer people who could describe the Headless Horseman.

I also don't think HH is restricted to 'literary circles.' He's in countless cartoons, childrens books, movies, and there's even a Fox TV show on right now called--you guessed it--Sleepy Hollow. Only brought up the style and substance of HH because you said he lacks it. He doesn't. He more or less created (or at least popularized) a style and substance that has lasted very, very long. You just don't like it, maybe, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist

HH is for the children

Freddy is for critics and movie goers to watch and be disappointed by

Nobody will argue the latest Freddy was bad, Robert Engelland was and is the master. almost a dozen movies later though he is embedded into pop culture in serious ways.

I won't argue that the HH is a significant villain but I feel as though Freddy should win hands down.

I'm struggling though as to some of the choices.

Why don't we have the villains from all the Die Hard Movies? Or the Lethal Weapons villains? Seems like the cheesy action movie trilogy villains deserve a shout out

Archived