The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone go to Bobby Orr Autograph Session at Chapters Today?

DonLever

Bobby Orr was signing copies of his new autobiography at Chapters on Robson St. and Howe.

I arrived at 5:45 pm but no one was allowed up to 3rd floor where Orr was signing. The cutoff for number of people allowed into the autograph session was already reached. Some people were there at 12:00 noon.

Apparently there were 400-500 people getting his autograph.

So did anyone on this forum get his autograph?

That is surprising so many people wanted his autograph.

Do you think 500 people will lineup for a Canucks former player? Like maybe Trevor Linden? After all, Trevor played way more games than Orr did.

Bobby Orr was signing copies of his new autobiography at Chapters on Robson St. and Howe.

I arrived at 5:45 pm but no one was allowed up to 3rd floor where Orr was signing. The cutoff for number of people allowed into the autograph session was already reached. Some people were there at 12:00 noon.

Do you think 500 people will lineup for a Canucks former player? Like maybe Trevor Linden? After all, Trevor played way more games than Orr did.

Not a chance anyone lines up for ANY former or current Canuck longer than they'd line up for Orr. He's one of the top 3 players of all-time.

There were thousands at a Linden signing in Nanaimo I was at. I got there three hours early and wasn't even close to making it in.

Probably because its so rare on the island^

Few years ago Linden had 3 signings in 1 day, the day of a playoff game (after he retired). I'd say 150-250 were at the one I was at (Richmond) so add up the rest and I'm sure it was over 500.

Kesler and Linden signing together had over 250 people at The Bay last season during Keslers time off (injury)

This doesn't surprise me at all, he is the greatest player to lace them up afterall. I wish I knew about this, I may have waited :S

There were thousands at a Linden signing in Nanaimo I was at. I got there three hours early and wasn't even close to making it in.

Was that at Rutherford mall? If so....I got there before the mall opened and was quite surprised to see a huge line in front of me. We were worried we wouldn't get the autograph either...was well worth the wait though, Trev is such a class guy! :)

Was that at Rutherford mall? If so....I got there before the mall opened and was quite surprised to see a huge line in front of me. We were worried we wouldn't get the autograph either...was well worth the wait though, Trev is such a class guy! :)

That was it. I wish I'd realized the line up was going to be so ridiculously long

Archived