The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) van-min. an idea for fun. not saying it should or will happen. (warning bertuzzifan2010)

Lets say all players agree to go to these destinations. The way I see it we can't afford the sexins and kesler. Kesler will want a big pay raise so either he will have to go or sedins will or maybe a d. Either way we need young talent and cap space.

To van:

Heatly, cooke, coyel, 1st round pick 2015 or 2014. Our choice

To min:

Kesler, booth, schroeder

Booth > heatly (cap reasons) re sign heatly for way less cap hit the next year or let him walk.

Schroeder < cooke

Kesler = coyel +1st (in my opinion) maybe add a 2nd or another prospect like phillips.

Sedin sedin burrows

Heatly coyel cooke

Higgins santo hansen

Archibald richardson kassian

Note we have to take heatly back for cap space reasons. We would either sign him to a better contract next year or just let him walk.

Thoughts? I know most will hate this. Kesler is a great player and playing awsome right now but it would be very hard to keep both him and the sedins. We need to get younger.anyways flame away I know its gonna happen. Atleast I don't do these as much as I use too ;)

Not even fun at all. YOu made me angry!

To you Kesler is only worth Coyle and a mid-to-late 1st ?? Didn't you see what an pending UFA Vanek went for??? Kesler has 2 more years beyong this one.

I think I wouldn't even take Heatley for a 7th rounder and Minny retaining 99% of his salary. Cancer, lazy, no show when it matters, has been declining ever since leaving Ottawa.

You're right. It shouldn't and won't happen.

Meh we get a young potential 1st line center in coyel a good first line/ one of the best 3rd line players in cooke. Another draft pick that could be a steal (no one knows) and lose booths contract while only having to deal with heatly's contract for one year. Its not horrible. There have been much worse on this site and much worse ones made by me. I think the only reason this trade doesn't work is A) min and van are sort of rivals and B) canuck fans (like me) over value and just don't want to see him go when in reality he will probably bd gone soon because of cap issues and a rebuild.

Not even fun at all. YOu made me angry!

To you Kesler is only worth Coyle and a mid-to-late 1st ??

I think I wouldn't even take Heatley for a 7th rounder and Minny retaining 99% of his salary. Cancer, lazy, no show when it matters, has been declining ever since leaving Ottawa.

Must not have seen my note about heatly. Basically it is just to fill booths spot till next year and take ooths contract away cause like heatly booth is worth jack. And yes kesler is only worth a top prospect who has the poyential to be a first line center and a mid 1st. Also I did say maybe add phillips or a second to make it fair ( similar to the vanek deal).

Meh we get a young potential 1st line center in coyel a good first line/ one of the best 3rd line players in cooke. Another draft pick that could be a steal (no one knows) and lose booths contract while only having to deal with heatly's contract for one year. Its not horrible. There have been much worse on this site and much worse ones made by me. I think the only reason this trade doesn't work is A) min and van are sort of rivals and B) canuck fans (like me) over value and just don't want to see him go when in reality he will probably bd gone soon because of cap issues and a rebuild.

First off, it's Coyle, not Coyel.

Personally, I would not trade away a key player like Kesler for potential and a third liner. Not while the team still has a decent shot at winning the Cup. That's the kind of move you pull when a guy is in the latter stages of his career and you are looking to rebuild.

Heatley is useless.

Must not have seen my note about heatly. Basically it is just to fill booths spot till next year and take ooths contract away cause like heatly booth is worth jack. And yes kesler is only worth a top prospect who has the poyential to be a first line center and a mid 1st. Also I did say maybe add phillips or a second to make it fair ( similar to the vanek deal).

Must not have seen my note about Heatley being a cancer. Pay Heatley 7.5 this year or Booth 4.25 + 3.2 (buy-out his last year), what is the difference. At least we dont bring a cancer.

Coyle is a 21 years-old, 2010 draft pick, that has played 39 games in the NHL. If he had any 1st line potential, he would have been an regular by now. Not saying it won't happen, but chance are pretty slim. Realisticly he's probably a good 3rd liner or average 2nd, at best.

For Kesler's worth :

1- He's cheaper than Vanek

2- He's signed for 2 more years

3- If both were UFA at the same time, Kesler would gather more interest than Vanek

3-

Lets say all players agree to go to these destinations. The way I see it we can't afford the sexins and kesler. Kesler will want a big pay raise so either he will have to go or sedins will or maybe a d. Either way we need young talent and cap space.

To van:

Heatly, cooke, coyel, 1st round pick 2015 or 2014. Our choice

To min:

Kesler, booth, schroeder

If we're already clearing cap by moving Booth, then couldn't we just keep Kesler? Obviously this move would only make sense during the season since Heatley's deal is up this summer, but if we made the cap work then it'd be basically a cap trade. Then there'd be no worry for next year.

Or we could do the really simple thing and just buyout Booth in June.

Archived