The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your goalie mask

canucks_qc

I don't know if that topic will last for a few hours, days, months or for ever, but I'll start it and let see what happen.

I'm probably not the only goalie out there. I don't know about you, but my new mask is made(not the paint job) by Michel Doganieri, he made mask for NHL goalie like Roy, Brodeur, Luongo, Belfour and many more, mine is a Lalime. If you're interested you can take a look at his website http://protechsport.com/ That wasn't the main point of my topic.

Every goalie here, I want to see your mask with a custom paint job and if you want, you can explain why you got that design.

This is mine

BW5OEv9IAAEHsPU.jpg

On the right side you've got a mixt of my 2 favorites NHL teams' logos. On the right side you've got the Manitoba Moose's logo, we decide to go with this logo for our team. I picked the number 20 because it's my birthday and it's still a goalie's number(Belfour, Nabokov). I had in mind to mixt my 2 favorite goalie's number(Brodeur and Luongo) but I would get #31 and it will refer to Carey Price instead of having the meaning that I wanted. I didn't wanted a complet white background, so I wanted a little something, I'm a québécois so I decide to go with white "fleur de lys" everywhere, so from closer you can see them really well and if you're far, you will see logos on both side really well because they aren't lost in a all colored background.

I hope there is other goalies who will join this topic and post picture of their mask. To everyone else, feel free to let me know what you think about it.

I don't know if that topic will last for a few hours, days, months or for ever, but I'll start it and let see what happen.

I'm probably not the only goalie out there. I don't know about you, but my new mask his made(not the paint job) by Michel Doganieri, he made mask for NHL goalie like Roy, Brodeur, Luongo, Belfour and many more, mine is a Lalime. If you're interested you can take a look at his website http://protechsport.com/ That wasn't the main point of my topic.

Every goalie here, I want to see your mask with a custom paint job and if you want, you can explain why you got that design.

This is mine

BW5OEv9IAAEHsPU.jpg

On the right side you've got a mixt of my 2 favorites NHL teams' logos. On the right side you've got the Manitoba Moose's logo, we decide to go with this logo for our team. I picked the number 20 because it's my birthday and it's still a goalie's number(Belfour, Nabokov). I had in mind to mixt my 2 favorite goalie's number(Brodeur and Luongo) but I would get #31 and it will refer to Carey Price instead of having the meaning that I wanted. I didn't wanted a complet white background, so I wanted a little something, I'm a québécois so I decide to go with white "fleur de lys" everywhere, so from closer you can see them really well and if you're far, you will see logos on both side really well because they aren't lost in a all colored background.

I hope there is other goalies who will join this topic and post picture of their mask. To everyone else, feel free to let me know what you think about it.

Where did u get this done?

Edit: nvm lol. Looks sick!

That's a sweet looking mask. It's better than mine, but it was the first time my guy had ever done a goalie mask. His business is mostly about bikes and bike helmets.

It was done by Painthouse customs.

mymaskcanuckside2.jpg

mymasksylvesterside1.jpg

One side of the mask is fairly self explanatory. I've been a Canuck fan for a very long time, so we lined up the logos down the side of the mask.

On the other side is Sylvester the cat, because that's my last name.

Sick!

Do u mind my asking roughly how much this cost you? I have wanted a custom mask for 10 years now but it's so expensive!

I spend a total of 730$ for my mask, the mask itself cost my 450$, 5 layers of fiberglass +3 layers of kevlar on the chin and the forehead. But you have 3 starting option one at 300$, the mask is made only of 5 layers of fiberglass and there is the 600$ option made of 4 layers of kevlar +3 on the chin and the forehead +2 fiberglass layer, one on the outside and one in the inside for the finish. After that by your liking, there is some options round hole or triangle(extra 75$), the color of the strap(white or black) you can pick the cage you want(no extra charges) you can have a smooth finish on the inside(250$) but honestly it don't worth it, there is few options about the cage finish/colors(don't remember price) and you can decide if you want a chin cup or chin sling.

So how much it will cost it only depend it start at 300$ with Michel and it can go up to about 1000$ for the mask itself. Even if you're in BC you can order him a mask online, on his website he have instructions on how to make an head mould. You ship it to him and he'll make a custom mask for you. I'm back in net this season after 5 years and I was looking for a mask and a custom one made for MY head cost me only 50$ over than the best similar option I could find in an hockey store for a similar product.

Michel have a business partner that make custom paint job for about 300$ depending on what you want, mine cost me 280$.

Just go on his website for more informations and you can contact him by e-mail, usually he'll reply in the next 24hours.

Thanks everybody. Hope we'll see many others mask here.

That's a sweet looking mask. It's better than mine, but it was the first time my guy had ever done a goalie mask. His business is mostly about bikes and bike helmets.

It was done by Painthouse customs.

One side of the mask is fairly self explanatory. I've been a Canuck fan for a very long time, so we lined up the logos down the side of the mask.

On the other side is Sylvester the cat, because that's my last name.

I do like your mask, for a first mask your guy have done a great job. I do like the originality of bringing Sylvester, because of your name, that's something unique we won't see too often. On suggestion, if you keep the same kind of design, I think all the Canucks' logos shouldn't be all on one side. Spread them all over, maybe Sylvester instead of being above your face, he could be on one logo, maybe the flying skate or the stick-n-rink.

I do like your mask, for a first mask your guy have done a great job. I do like the originality of bringing Sylvester, because of your name, that's something unique we won't see too often. On suggestion, if you keep the same kind of design, I think all the Canucks' logos shouldn't be all on one side. Spread them all over, maybe Sylvester instead of being above your face, he could be on one logo, maybe the flying skate or the stick-n-rink.

When I first visualized the design, I thought Sylvester was going to be larger and take up more space on that side. Then the mask would have been more balanced.

The other thought I had considered was to fill the open space with the logos of the beer league teams I have played for along the way. I thought that would have been fun too.

Since those pics, I swapped up to a cat-eye cage too. I way prefer that to the standard grid cage.

My alternate mask has a team Canada style paint job, but it came that way. Nothing custom there. Maybe one day. I've been working two jobs and not playing nearly as much hockey as I used to, so it's hard to justify the cost of a custom paint job for my back-up mask.

I spend a total of 730$ for my mask, the mask itself cost my 450$, 5 layers of fiberglass +3 layers of kevlar on the chin and the forehead. But you have 3 starting option one at 300$, the mask is made only of 5 layers of fiberglass and there is the 600$ option made of 4 layers of kevlar +3 on the chin and the forehead +2 fiberglass layer, one on the outside and one in the inside for the finish. After that by your liking, there is some options round hole or triangle(extra 75$), the color of the strap(white or black) you can pick the cage you want(no extra charges) you can have a smooth finish on the inside(250$) but honestly it don't worth it, there is few options about the cage finish/colors(don't remember price) and you can decide if you want a chin cup or chin sling.

So how much it will cost it only depend it start at 300$ with Michel and it can go up to about 1000$ for the mask itself. Even if you're in BC you can order him a mask online, on his website he have instructions on how to make an head mould. You ship it to him and he'll make a custom mask for you. I'm back in net this season after 5 years and I was looking for a mask and a custom one made for MY head cost me only 50$ over than the best similar option I could find in an hockey store for a similar product.

Michel have a business partner that make custom paint job for about 300$ depending on what you want, mine cost me 280$.

Just go on his website for more informations and you can contact him by e-mail, usually he'll reply in the next 24hours.

Thanks I'll look into that!

Thanks I'll look into that!

If you order a mask from Michel Doganieri just let me know. If you order a mask from him, just tell me which mask did you ordered.

C'mon are we only two that have custom goalie mask here, when I was arguing about goalies here, many guys was telling me they know what they was talking about because they played high level hockey, where are yours?

• 3 weeks later...

Dont forget the most famous #20 goalie of all time, Hall of Famer Vladislav Tretiak.

I know who he is, that he have been one of the best, that he have been drafted by the Habs, but never played in the NHL. He was the Hawks goalie coach before Stéphane Waite. It's probably because I'll turn 25 in two months I didn't knew his number. Thanks for the info, now I know 3 goalies wearing my number.

Archived