The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interviewer Asks CoHo About AV

SabreFan1

Recap?

It's a 50 sec. video clip of a longer post practice interview. There's only so much recapping that can be done... lol

The part that was weird was when the interviewer tried to make an AV comment seem like a gracious compliment. In a nutshell AV basically said that he thinks Cody will become a better hockey player than he is now in time. I think Cody realized it because all he said was that he enjoyed his time in Vancouver.

AV didn't "tip his cap" to Cody, it was a veiled insult. To paraphrase, he said Cody will be good when things fall into place for him. I really couldn't care less about Cody or AV, neither are Canucks nor are they conference or division rivals, but the interviewer was definitely trying to stir up the pot.

He likely doesn't like AV but he very easily could also be annoyed by the reporter/line of questioning.

I am sure he's tired of talking about Vancouver and just wants to move on and be a Buffalo Sabre vs idiots trying to stir up crap...ask him about hockey and his opponent, not if he has 'bad words to shout at the opposing coach'

Hard to say where is frustration lies, personally I'd be annoyed with the reporter.

Archived