The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Suspension] John Scott suspended for 7 games

AriGold

At this point it's academic. The Sabres are becoming a bigger in size team overall so John Scott won't be re-signed for next year. If he does anything else this season then he will end up losing at least 15 games.

After this season is over I think John Scott's NHL career is done. He's damaged goods now.

I dont really see how people are thinking it should be way more.... He is not a repeat offender. The hit wasnt much worse if any, than a lot of other hits we have seen suspended, so I dont see what the big deal is. Some people just look for any reason to dump on the way the league is run I think :P

well it's a 10 game suspension since he's already missed 3 waiting for the hearing?

Basically 10 games, which I think is fair.

Problem is, the same suspension wouldn't be made for every player.

In-correct. 7 is the total so if he has missed 3 games then he only misses 4 more.

not surprised the NHL would look worse than it already does if he decided to throw down a 25 game suspension to a first time offender just because people don't like him

if the Sabres GM and Coach had any balls they would either tell him to go home or send him to the AHL because this goon doesn't belong in the NHL

if the Sabres GM and Coach had any balls they would either tell him to go home or send him to the AHL because this goon doesn't belong in the NHL

There's very little to gain by sending him to the AHL. If he gets in trouble again then he will go on a double digit "vacation" and it's highly doubtful that he will be re-signed for next year. Any damage that Scott causes from now until the end of the year will just backfire on him. The Sabres are in contention for one of the top 3 picks in this years upcoming draft. Scott could pull a Chara and almost kill a guy on the ice and the Sabres will be no worse for the wear if he misses even more games.

I thought he might get 4 or 5, but 7 isn't out of the realm of possibility if other hits were getting increased suspensions as well. Hanzal getting only 2 for instance is the lower end considering he is a repeat offender looks to not support that though. Definitely suspendable (hit to the head that doesn't follow squarely through the body) but I'm just confused on lengths the NHL is handing out.

I hope this doesn't make Scott more reluctant to fight. He gets paid for his presence on the ice, not for his play. If he starts avoiding or even worse starts getting dropped in fights then he won't even last for the rest of the year. Two seasons ago teams took liberties on the Sabres, now they are reluctant to peeve them off. At this point the team doesn't have much to lose by taking their frustrations out on opposing teams.

Archived