The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade Kesler

Now before people freak out about this let me just say that Kesler is a great player. And I'm happy with him on the team. HOWEVER I do believe that his flashes of beast mode are not consistent enough and thus trading him while his value is high should be considered.

Specially after what Buffalo got for Vanek.

If you could pick up another elite forward plus picks in a similar trade would anyone else think this could be a good option? Again I do like Kesler and when Kesler is good he's the best one on the team. I just think his play style is not sustainable and we could get a very high price.

I'm interested on how people here value Kesler right now. And if anyone would be willing to budge on a deal similar to the most recent buffalo-islanders trade. I would be willing to move him personally if there is someone willing to pay a high price for him.

No.

Is this a pet peeve for anyone else?

OP was written with effort and some guy trying to be funny says "No.".

Oh, and I totally expect someone to quote this and say, "No.".

Kesler has a NTC.

But if I was ever a GM (god help us all), nobody would ever be off limits. I'd make sure everyone knew that.

I would not shop Kesler, but if a team made an offer--maybe. The offer has to be good and from a team better than us though (he's not going to wave his NTC to go to NYI).

Is this a pet peeve for anyone else?

OP was written with effort and some guy trying to be funny says "No.".

Oh, and I totally expect someone to quote this and say, "No.".

Kesler has a NTC.

But if I was ever a GM (god help us all), nobody would ever be off limits. I'd make sure everyone knew that.

I would not shop Kesler, but if a team made an offer--maybe. The offer has to be good and from a team better than us though (he's not going to wave his NTC to go to NYI).

I would offer Kesler to Columbus for their three first rounders they got in 2013.

Or Ryan Murray, Jenner and a their first in 2015.

If the right trade offer came our way then of course the answer would be yes. I think we would get quite a package for him. I'd love to see what other GMs would offer for him or a package that included him. As for the NTC which I can't stand, I'm sure if one of the better teams wanted him, and he felt that with him they would b a heavy favourite to win the cup, he would do it!

I don't see why people are so against trading kesler... there is no way we can keep seind sedin kesler burrows edler hamuis when they want raises so who are you going to give up? Seidns would get us the most but are most important. Kesler would get us a lot and is not as important as the sedins. so Kesler seems like the best option...

Archived