The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Schroeder, 1st rd pick in 2014

VIC_CITY

IMO all of them are expendable, especially with our past draft and the emergence of Ryan Stanton.

The Sedins are clearly playing for a new contract. Luongo seems more motivated than ever and Torts has been a fresh breathe of air. This might be another all in year.

I'm predicting MG has finally learned from his mistakes and will aquire a top end player this year to compete with SJS.

What can these pieces realistically get us?

IMO all of them are expendable, especially with our past draft and the emergence of Ryan Stanton.

The Sedins are clearly playing for a new contract. Luongo seems more motivated than ever and Torts has been a fresh breathe of air. This might be another all in year.

I'm predicting MG has finally learned from his mistakes and will aquire a top end player this year to compete with SJS.

What can these pieces realistically get us?

I disagree with Corrado. But Everyone else is expendable.

If you are going to trade any of those players, it's has to be for a guy that can legitimately make the Canucks team better right now. Looking at the future UFAs, the best bet is the Ranger's Ryan Callahan. Buy out Booth, and try to fit Callahan into the lineup long term and hope Horvat is ready to be a 2nd/3rd line center next year. Santorelli as the extra just in case Horvat doesn't fill that void.

- A superstar is unattainable. Cost too much, and is too risky. There's zero chance that the Canucks can afford a Vanek type long term. Will cost the farm

- Prospects for prospect swaps do not help the team immediately.

- Likely will end up acquiring another 2nd/3rd tier player like Roy, and be comfortable with him leaving at the end of the year. Will still cost you 1 or 2 assets.

Extra Notes(Prospects have good cap hits):

- You won't find a Corrado or lesser extent Jensen established player, or prospect like them if you choose to trade them. Teams better off keeping both of them and hoping for the best.

- Gaunce(Speed) and Schroeder(Size) can be expendable because of Horvat. Schroeder doesn't have much value.

- 1st in 2014 is a weak draft. I have no problem moving it.

Of course, if the Twins leave this off season. The mindset is completely changed.

DeNiro is right. Roster management and Cap management go hand in hand. You have to consider the space available, what must be cleared, and what you are prepared to take on to make anything work.

With the past seasons, would not be surprised if Management buries Booth on IR all season long, like they did to Ballard with intentions of buying him out. He's got no value, and still has a year left. We've all seen Lawrence Gillman work his magic, won't be surprised if he figures something out again.

I've been saying it for years now, If the Canucks can take away one of top 4 defense man on this team, they will be very comfortable in terms of cap space. Personally, the weak link is Bieksa and he has value. Corrado, Tanev, and Stanton all proven their worth and all should and can take up a roster spot. It's time to move one of the top 4. For me, It's got to be Hamhuis or Bieksa because you can't replace Edler and Garrison. Tanev and Corrado will take over easily. Tanev has already proven reliable enough. Corrado is even better than Tanev. Stanton can fill the Bieksa tough guy/clear the net role good enough. Don't forgot, Corrado plays with an edge too. I think it would be silly to trade Corrado.

Corrado

Jensen

Gaunce

Foligno

Ansimov

Jenner

Buyout Booth, buyout Alberts, Buyout Weise, and Sestito

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Foligno Anisimov Kassian

Burrows Santorelli Higgins

Jenner Richardson Hansen

Archibald

2014:

Sedin Sedin Kesler

Shinkuruk Horvat Kassian

Foligno Anisimov Burrows

Higgins Jenner Hansen

Santorelli

Archibald

I've been saying it for years now, If the Canucks can take away one of top 4 defense man on this team, they will be very comfortable in terms of cap space. Personally, the weak link is Bieksa and he has value. Corrado, Tanev, and Stanton all proven their worth and all should and can take up a roster spot. It's time to move one of the top 4. For me, It's got to be Hamhuis or Bieksa because you can't replace Edler and Garrison.

+1

With the past seasons, would not be surprised if Management buries Booth on IR all season long, like they did to Ballard with intentions of buying him out. He's got no value, and still has a year left. We've all seen Lawrence Gillman work his magic, won't be surprised if he figures something out again.

I've been saying it for years now, If the Canucks can take away one of top 4 defense man on this team, they will be very comfortable in terms of cap space. Personally, the weak link is Bieksa and he has value. Corrado, Tanev, and Stanton all proven their worth and all should and can take up a roster spot. It's time to move one of the top 4. For me, It's got to be Hamhuis or Bieksa because you can't replace Edler and Garrison. Tanev and Corrado will take over easily. Tanev has already proven reliable enough. Corrado is even better than Tanev. Stanton can fill the Bieksa tough guy/clear the net role good enough.

Personally, I think hamhuis is a keeper; he's our best defenceman (in my opinion) and is consistent with his play in comparison to the other defence on our team; I agree with you on what you say about Bieksa though.

Personally, I think hamhuis is a keeper; he's our best defenceman (in my opinion) and is consistent with his play in comparison to the other defence on our team; I agree with you on what you say about Bieksa though.

I also think Hamhuis can be a great mentor for Corrado and Tanev but, moving Bieksa means that you lose a chunk of intimation and toughness on the backend. I've been wanting Bieksa gone for a while now, 2-3 seasons ago. Better go acquire some tough pesky forwards that aren't afraid of anything. Like a Upshall or a Dorsett who go after anyone. Though, wish they would bring more to table when playing the game.

Maybe if we do get Callahan, he'll lead a bit more by example. Plus, with a lot less pressure for Kesler. Maybe he'll turn into some super power forward winger like Burns.

Archived